Field of Diplomacy - Calling Players for an MP game

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Re: Field of Diplomacy - Calling Players for an MP game

Post by 13obo »

Sorry, I thought we're full already. Don't mind me.
RufusTFirefly
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by RufusTFirefly »

Geffalrus wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:18 pm ... later tonight (East Coast US time) ...
Btw, with regards to the 24h rules which I think is a good idea in case of so many participants,
please keep in mind we might live in different time zones. For me it is GMT+1 (Germany, mid-Europe, yes, the area where the uncivilized unshaved angry looking barabriens lived at times of our game).

I will try my best to keep the 24h rule. In case it is not possible, what happens? Will AI take over? I dont want to see AI run bersek and declare war where I tried to improve good relations by peaceful negotiations. Should I ask another player to do the turn for me in case I cannt submit it in time?
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

I believe the AI takes over, yes, but don't worry, it is not as aggressive as you may think. Previously I thought you just skip a turn doing nothing but after being idle in a game I wasn't notified for, I found out the AI had been doing stuff.

If it's just a turn or two, it won't matter so much in my view. The AI doesn't change your buildings constructed just moves the armies around a bit.

Definitely do not share your account with anyone!
RufusTFirefly
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by RufusTFirefly »

devoncop wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:52 pm
For far too long and far too often once great Empires, declining into decadent corruption fail to treat seriously the young up and coming dynamic nations of the future until their soldiers are at the gilded gates of the Palace and the once proud navy of ancient renown lies rotting on the ocean bed.....😉
Well spoken. But let us look at the facts. Rome is a small city state ruled by a so called senate, which is a bunch of local politicians. Disputing cizizens trying to be leaders instead of a glorious king or even a more glorious pharaoh. Take a handful of centruries from now on. 500 years from now on Egypt will be known by everyone, but who will still know Rome?
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

Lol you guys are killing me.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

"Egypt will be known by everyone, but who will still know Rome?"
[/quote]

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury............

With his own words the defendant condemns himself.

I rest my case. 8)
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

Irony is missed on you it seems!

More importantly though, the game has started! Good luck to everyone.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

13obo wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:44 pm Irony is missed on you it seems!

More importantly though, the game has started! Good luck to everyone.
Forum speak is not a friend to irony it is true. :D

The game is indeed on.

One diplomatic approach by the Senate has been apparently successful.....the second less so :D

Good luck all.

May Ptolemy manage his decline gracefully.....
pnoff
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by pnoff »

Morbio wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:13 pm
Dear Morbio, King of Epirus.

We are disappointed that you went after independent island, instead of taking your part in fighting Aetolian barbarians and leaving them free to pillage our lands.

You know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

This is official declaration of war.

Pnoff of Macedon.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

pnoff wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:57 pm
Morbio wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:13 pm
Dear Morbio, King of Epirus.

We are disappointed that you went after independent island, instead of taking your part in fighting Aetolian barbarians and leaving them free to pillage our lands.

You know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

This is official declaration of war.

Pnoff of Macedon.
Well that kicked off early 😉

I assume you are aware Epirus may already be in alliance with Rome.......?
pnoff

Post by pnoff »

devoncop wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:33 pm I assume you are aware Epirus may already be in alliance with Rome.......?

Maybe the dignitary of maybe Rome should speak maybe straight, like we do here in Greece.

What is Rome, anyway? My secretary says it is a town near Etruscan Kingdom which has its hand busy with other things.

- Pnoff of Macedon
Geffalrus
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Geffalrus »

Hmmmmmm, Rome? Not sure I recognize that name. Are they a tributary of Carthage perhaps?

Ptolemy - can you find any mention of a town called "Rome" in your vast library?

What about you Seleucus - do the old Persian Imperial Records have anything to say about the small villages on the Italian Peninsula?
We should all Stand With Ukraine. 🇺🇦 ✊
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

I think our Gaul brother Brennus mentioned once that Romans were very good at ... running! He had to chase them all the way back to Rome after one battle and then of course had to plunder the city. He said the city was nothing special and had little loot so left quickly afterwards. ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brennus_(4th_century_BC) )
pnoff

Post by pnoff »

My archivist says that they murdered their king long time ago and since then the anarchy reigns. No wonder they don't even know whether they're in alliance or not.

Anyway, the plot of Epirus to bring barbarians to rule the cradle of civilization that is Greece is now exposed for everybody to see. Sacrifices for swift and decisice Macedonian victory are made all over Hellenic world.

-Pnoff of Macedon
Morbio
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by Morbio »

pnoff wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:10 am My archivist says that they murdered their king long time ago and since then the anarchy reigns. No wonder they don't even know whether they're in alliance or not.

Anyway, the plot of Epirus to bring barbarians to rule the cradle of civilization that is Greece is now exposed for everybody to see. Sacrifices for swift and decisice Macedonian victory are made all over Hellenic world.

-Pnoff of Macedon
There are great rulers, honourable rulers and those both great and honourable. I think it is clear that Macedon's ruler is neither. Death and destruction will follow to Macedonia, from Epirus and their friends. I share the scroll of agreement most recently signed by Macedon so that all can judge their worth.

Sent: 04 Aug 2019 11:32
by Morbio
Hi Pnoff, Emperor of Macedon, greeting from Morbio king of Epirus.

I welcome you kind offer and would like to cooperate with Macedon. I appreciate your offer for my expansion, but it doesn't quite meet my needs so I have a counter-offer.

I'd like to reclaim all of my province of EPIRUS, which means I'll be heading south into Arcania and Cephallonia. These are all my ambitions in the Hellenic area, so I'm hoping this will be acceptable to you as you couldn't convert these into a province without some of my other regions.
I'll also be heading to ILLYRIA and MOESIA so this shouldn't be a problem for you.

If you can accept these terms then we can cooperate and have peace and good trade.

Wishing you good health and success with your other wars.

Best wishes, Morbio

Re: Field of Diplomacy
Quote pnoff

Sent: 04 Aug 2019 11:47
by pnoff
Dear Morbio, King of Epirus,

Yes, I agree to divide the south by province lines.

I think we should start by attacking green barbarians (whatever they are called) and taking our respective regions.

I also hope you kill the pink barbarians fast so they will stop raiding my lands.

Goodluck!
Pnoff, Emperor of Macedon
pnoff

Post by pnoff »

Morbio wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:18 am
And then you left us alone to fight Aeatolian menace, so that you can profit from blood spilled by Macedonian warriors.

Antigonos is our ally in fight with with Athenian-Aeatolian covenant, and their armies are already at the gate of Athens, their fleet blockading their ports, despite being so far away just a moment ago.

You, on the other hand, jumped on your boats and left despite being just one step away from our enemies territory.

-Pnoff of Macedon
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

What treachery! Woe to such duplicitous rulers when their word's value is that of the wind's sound.

But I think your scribes got the dates wrong. What is this 2019 year? 2019 years since what? Our celtic druids do not recall any significant events happening then. But then again, they don't keep a lot of written records...
ledo
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by ledo »

pnoff wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:41 am
And then you left us alone to fight Aeatolian menace, so that you can profit from blood spilled by Macedonian warriors.

Antigonos is our ally in fight with with Athenian-Aeatolian covenant, and their armies are already at the gate of Athens, their fleet blockading their ports, despite being so far away just a moment ago.

You, on the other hand, jumped on your boats and left despite being just one step away from our enemies territory.

-Pnoff of Macedon
If the great nation of Macedonia is complaining that Epirus did not provide support for a war against two tiny Greek nations (with the Antigonids help no less), then Carthage considers this a pretty flimsy excuse for what appears to be wanton aggression. At best the whole cassus belli is based on a misunderstanding on Epirus' behalf, at worst Epirus was worried that it's relatively meagre and less-skilled army, if facing the Aetolians might actually lose, and delay its expansion from what is already a relatively meagre holding. On Macedonia's part, at best it is aggrieved and lashing out for what is probably only a minor inconvenience but will likely cost Epirus it's nation, at worst Macedonia has scrambled to cook up a reason to attack.
Morbio

Post by Morbio »

pnoff wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:41 am

-Pnoff of Macedon
I clearly attacked the green barbarians (Greek Independant) that were in Epirus, so I lived up to my side of the bargain and I was about to attack the other green barbarians (Aetolian) that are also in Epirus this turn. I think this is a flimsy causus belli from Macedonia. I suggest that you exit my lands immediately or face a long drain on resources on your western border.
pnoff

Post by pnoff »

ledo wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:04 am
If the great nation of Macedonia is complaining that Epirus did not provide support for a war against two tiny Greek nations (with the Antigonids help no less), then Carthage considers this a pretty flimsy excuse for what appears to be wanton aggression. At best the whole cassus belli is based on a misunderstanding on Epirus' behalf, at worst Epirus was worried that it's relatively meagre and less-skilled army, if facing the Aetolians might actually lose, and delay its expansion from what is already a relatively meagre holding. On Macedonia's part, at best it is aggrieved and lashing out for what is probably only a minor inconvenience but will likely cost Epirus it's nation, at worst Macedonia has scrambled to cook up a reason to attack.
Allow me to explain to Carthage (another "maybe ally" of Epirus? are they all a team together with Rome?) what they don't understand, but our strategois do:

1) Epirus has a "full stack" after recruiting just two ranged units. Their army is as good as any for offensive action.

2) Aetolia has one region in Greece, another one in Epirus, which was supposed to be taken by Epirus King (as per our private correspondence published by Epirus King without permission).

3) Greeks have no way to exchange regions (forbidden by sacred Pocus oracle), so defeating Aetolia would require "breaking" the division which was already broken by Epiruse's incompetence or deliberate scheming.
Morbio wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:28 am I clearly attacked the green barbarians (Greek Independant) that were in Epirus, so I lived up to my side of the bargain and I was about to attack the other green barbarians (Aetolian) that are also in Epirus this turn. I think this is a flimsy causus belli from Macedonia. I suggest that you exit my lands immediately or face a long drain on resources on your western border.
Isn't this weaseling amuzing? In what world "green barbarians (whatever they are called?)" could mean independents on an island, when very very green enemy has a land border with both of us?

- Pnoff of Macedon

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”