A few Questions

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

EarlGreyTea
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

A few Questions

Post by EarlGreyTea » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:44 pm

I've got a couple of questions about the game I'm hoping someone here might be able to answer.

I was playing Rome and after advancing to Empire rank I found I couldn't recruit anymore Italian Foot but I could still recruit the other provincial troops, I'm wondering if this is intentional?

Playing Carthage Malta has a Myrrh Emporium but does not export anything, I have Worship Sites that use Myrrh as a bonus but the Emporium does not export or supply this to Syracuse which is in the same province as Malta. Does trade of resources only happen when the resource is required rather than just a bonus and is the sharing of resources to regions in same province not happen when they are separated by a stretch of water?

Soar
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: A few Questions

Post by Soar » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:05 pm

EarlGreyTea wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:44 pm
Does trade of resources only happen when the resource is required rather than just a bonus ...
That's correct.
and is the sharing of resources to regions in same province not happen when they are separated by a stretch of water?
There is no sharing of trade goods within a province, but buildings with bonuses can use trade goods produced or imported by adjacent regions.

Will_L
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Will_L » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:17 am

EarlGreyTea wrote:
Playing Carthage Malta has a Myrrh Emporium but does not export anything, I have Worship Sites that use Myrrh as a bonus but the Emporium does not export or supply this to Syracuse which is in the same province as Malta. Does trade of resources only happen when the resource is required rather than just a bonus and is the sharing of resources to regions in same province not happen when they are separated by a stretch of water?
If you build something that requires myrrh (Secret Cult - Tier I Culture), it will "pull" it to that region and the myrrh will be available there and in adjacent regions for bonuses. The Secret Cult will be removed once the region population increases to 20.

loki100
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by loki100 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:50 am

EarlGreyTea wrote:
... and is the sharing of resources to regions in same province not happen when they are separated by a stretch of water?
yes, the bonus goods routine only works across a land border - so its hard to build up single region islands as a result.

but as above, the cult site will draw the Myrrh as a needed good - getting you around this

EarlGreyTea

Post by EarlGreyTea » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:30 am

Thanks for the replies about the trade issue guys.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”