Field of Diplomacy: A New World Order

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

devoncop
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Re: Field of Diplomacy: A New World Order

Post by devoncop » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:49 am

13obo wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:43 am
Ptolemy welcomes the arrival of the new wise Nubian king with great joy in his heart. I hope we will be able to seal a pact of mutual help and support for a thousand generations! Numerous gifts will start flowing in your treasury as soon as our calendar starts.

The previous Nubian leader was showing to be an aggressive troglodyte and with the IQ capacity of one too- I am sure your rule will be much less chaotic and directionless.
A certain amount of bitterness towards the nomadic folk to the South detected there :mrgreen:

13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:54 am

Maybe there's a bit of that...

I also forgot to mention that I will fully support Nubia's expansion eastwards and into the Arabian peninsula. This will yield them many natural resources not seen in our African continent and spur trade among our people.

ledo
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by ledo » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:28 pm

13obo wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:54 am
Maybe there's a bit of that...

I also forgot to mention that I will fully support Nubia's expansion eastwards and into the Arabian peninsula. This will yield them many natural resources not seen in our African continent and spur trade among our people.
Eastward, westward, the impossible southward, any goddamn direction but north. For the love of isis, leave the north alone.

MARVIN_THE_ARVN
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by MARVIN_THE_ARVN » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:30 pm

13obo wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:43 am
Ptolemy welcomes the arrival of the new wise Nubian king with great joy in his heart. I hope we will be able to seal a pact of mutual help and support for a thousand generations! Numerous gifts will start flowing in your treasury as soon as our calendar starts.

The previous Nubian leader was showing to be an aggressive troglodyte and with the IQ capacity of one too- I am sure your rule will be much less chaotic and directionless.
The people of Nubia welcome King Ptolemies words, we have been looking for foreign investment for some time.

I believe that we could come to a mutually beneficial agreement, you should come and visit the pyramids at Meroe and we can discuss the details.
"I'll gladly trade you some ARVN rifles, never been fired and only dropped once"

13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:33 pm

Excellent, my legal advisers will start preparing the legal documents on our high quality papyrus very soon!

Geffalrus
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by Geffalrus » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:11 pm

At this point, I think we need a minimum of 2-3 more players.

- We need people to take on the Antigonids and the Seleucids.
- We need at least one person to compete with Macedon for control of Hellas. Epirus, Athens, or Sparta.

Then we should do a look over to see if the geopolitical balance is where we want it to be.

ledo

Post by ledo » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:23 pm

Geffalrus wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:11 pm
At this point, I think we need a minimum of 2-3 more players.

- We need people to take on the Antigonids and the Seleucids.
- We need at least one person to compete with Macedon for control of Hellas. Epirus, Athens, or Sparta.

Then we should do a look over to see if the geopolitical balance is where we want it to be.
I'm happy to wait till we get a full complement. At least a little while.

Jagger2002

Post by Jagger2002 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:21 am

Ok, I will give the Seleucids a shot. They are quite the challenge against the AI but fun in its own way. I don't think I would play them if Maurya was human controlled. So when does this one kick off? I hear rumors of an FOGE update? Anytime soon?

devoncop

Post by devoncop » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:51 am

Jagger2002 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:21 am
Ok, I will give the Seleucids a shot. They are quite the challenge against the AI but fun in its own way. I don't think I would play them if Maurya was human controlled. So when does this one kick off? I hear rumors of an FOGE update? Anytime soon?
Yesterday on Steam Pocus indicated the next patch was still a few weeks away.

13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:15 am

Ah, I was hoping it will be much sooner. No matter- I'm willing to start whenever. Got Fantasy General 2 to play in the mean time.

Geffalrus

Post by Geffalrus » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:53 am

Jagger2002 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:21 am
No earlier than Monday of next week (I'm travelling over the weekend but will be back Monday).

The other limitation is that we're not going to start until we fill the other Diadochi slot and at least one player in Greece (Athens/Sparta/Epirus).

PJL1973
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by PJL1973 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:56 pm

I'd like to participate in this game, please. I'd prefer a smaller nation, so I would like to play as Sparta. I've already tried them out a couple of times in SP, and they're a fun little nation to play actually.

Geffalrus

Post by Geffalrus » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:00 pm

PJL1973 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:56 pm
I'd like to participate in this game, please. I'd prefer a smaller nation, so I would like to play as Sparta. I've already tried them out a couple of times in SP, and they're a fun little nation to play actually.
Excellent! That's what we need. Watch out for Macedon. :wink:

PJL1973

Post by PJL1973 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:23 pm

Geffalrus wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:00 pm
PJL1973 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:56 pm
Excellent! That's what we need. Watch out for Macedon. :wink:
Indeed, I'll be sending envoys to neighbours to agree on terms and areas of influence. But as a true Spartan, I'll keep it short and swift. None of this flowery language malarky.

13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:34 pm

With the shield or on it!

Geffalrus

Post by Geffalrus » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:08 pm

PJL1973 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:23 pm
Indeed, I'll be sending envoys to neighbours to agree on terms and areas of influence. But as a true Spartan, I'll keep it short and swift. None of this flowery language malarky.
Oh thank Zeus for that. Both ledo and devoncop are extremely long winded. :wink:

pnoff
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by pnoff » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:41 pm

Geffalrus wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:08 pm
PJL1973 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:23 pm
Oh thank Zeus for that. Both ledo and devoncop are extremely long winded. :wink:
To be fair, they both played factions with senate in the previous game. They can't just argue their position by "because the King said so", like us jormal people do :P
Last edited by pnoff on Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

devoncop

Post by devoncop » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:43 pm

Bloody despots ! !

No idea of the tribulations of democratic decision making.... :wink:

chb75

Post by chb75 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:31 pm

Hi All

I would like to join, as it will be my first MP better to stick with a minor:
Just fell free to give me the most useful for game balance.

Thanks

ledo

Post by ledo » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:35 pm

chb75 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:31 pm
Hi All

I would like to join, as it will be my first MP better to stick with a minor:
Just fell free to give me the most useful for game balance.

Thanks
I'm kind of interested in seeing someone play Skythia or Sarmatia. Particularly if there's a dacia already. Some early consolidation early can make you a threat/ally for Lysimachos/Dacia/Antigonids. There's interplay with Pontus as well, and possibly Armenia. Don't know how fun they are to play, but they're both remarkable (tier 2?) nations. (edit: Just played a few rounds. Difficult, but manageable. All cavalry armies also quite sustainable, which is cool.)

Alternatively Arabia might not be bad, but you're going to be butting heads with Ptolemy or Nubia much sooner (considering both are players). Iberii wouldn't be bad, but that would be a pretty straightforward choice to ally with Carthage or cause them early pain. Syracuse is ok, but again you're in a tough spot, straight into a war that is difficult to win and difficult to make an argument against your total annihilation.

As for a greek nation achaia/athens, since Sparta is already taken I'm not sure if it is super necessary. It's a pretty precarious spot and I'm not sure if it's better to have another human player in Greece to ally with or whether that restricts any chance of expansion. If you wanted to play a game of limited expansion but right in the middle of everything. I think you might be able to build a fleet with Rhodus and survive easier. You might find it easier to get some major to guarantee your independence (or you might get immediately steamrolled, who knows).
Last edited by ledo on Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”