The Emperors new RV

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

NCarson
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

The Emperors new RV

Post by NCarson » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:10 pm

I don't know if this is a bug or a "feature", but my capitol seems to relocate without as much as a message in the message area. Last time it moved into a region with loyalty in the 20's right beside a strong enemy army. At the least he needs a better real estate agent. So are capitols supposed to move or what? Thanks in advance.

devoncop
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Re: The Emperors new RV

Post by devoncop » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:43 pm

It can relocate to the region with the highest culture output.

loki100
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by loki100 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:55 pm

there are a few mechanics at play here so worth double checking which applies.

Your capital can move if its captured or you voluntarily disband it (then it moves to the region producing the most culture in your Empire);
Once you are civ level III you can build a second/third capital - you choose where, these generate a nice legacy etc so well worth creating;
Finally, if you capture an enemy capital, this is retained and set against your limit (as above). This can give > 3 or one in an awful situation - but as below it can be removed.

Now, little bit less sure as its changed since I last tested the options. I believe you can simply disband such a capital (sometimes it seems to just disappear) - ok done a test on my last game and a regipn I just took from Rome now has an 'abandoned palace' (it was their capital last turn - these often then get disbanded by the locals in any case).

How to test which is your real one?

When you take a decision, you will get a message both in the message log and on the map in the region of your capital. The 'capital' icon for that region will also tell you this is the primary capital of your faction.

NCarson

Post by NCarson » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:07 pm

Thank you all so much. Never seem an abandoned palace before, I guess it appears in the slots...

sage3
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by sage3 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:23 pm

There was also a bug that caused your capitol to migrate sometimes on capturing a rival's capitol. Pocus confirmed and fixed this for the next patch.

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:34 am

yes, and hopefully it was the extent of the bug! Keeping fingers crossed :D
AGEOD Team - Makers of Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”