How are we intended to use the turn log and what does each log button do?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

SirGarnet
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

How are we intended to use the turn log and what does each log button do?

Post by SirGarnet »

For me, reading reports of distant lands is interesting but focusing on those with which I have some connection is an advisable practice. Not everyone studies ancient provincial geography closely and we might all benefit from visual cues as to proximity and general location.

The main thing is understanding how this tool can best be used and adjusted to fit player preferences. Thanks for all wisdom on this point.
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Re: How are we intended to use the turn log and what does each log button do?

Post by Pocus »

I tend to only read the message log through the icons on map. My default is average priority, only myself involved. I would then tour a bit my nation and check the icons (and their message in the tooltip). I never miss anything this way and this give me instant context.

Then if you feel, you can switch to 'see others nations involved' and then check their capital region or all your neighbours. I usually don't care that much about what is happening in Maurya when playing Rome, but I check the physical size of such nations from time to time. Also the ledger must be consulted regularly. Who has the biggest income, etc.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
ledo
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by ledo »

Have the ledgers been made to allow for sorting by column, other than alphabetic? I think I recall trying to do this early on and it didn't work, and I don't think I've tried since. If it hasn't and it's not too difficult, this would be a great minor QoL feature. I'd just like to rank myself and others.

Also an export button for those stats might also have some limited use, so you can track things over time (and be able to have a quick glance at something between turns in MP). Currently in Multiplayer, I'm always scared to submit my turn because I won't be able to check anything as soon as I do.
PJL1973
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by PJL1973 »

What would be cool to have in the ledger would be to have a filter for factions than were human controlled. This would really give a quick and easy glance to see who were the best players in MP.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”