Sneaking Out of a Besieged City

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

choppinlt
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Sneaking Out of a Besieged City

Post by choppinlt » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:21 am

OK, we've got another odd situation. Same game, same part of the map as my post about armies passing through each other. I have an army besieging a city with 2 large enemy armies in it, plus the garrison. Both sides are human controlled. This time one of the besieged armies leave the region without any fight whatsoever, and it engages one of my other armies in a neighboring region. I don't need to ask, I know that isn't supposed to happen. :wink:

There was a port, but the enemy army would not have had the movement to do all it did and attack where it did. Graphically it appeared that the besieged enemy army left the region at the same time a small force from my army split off for a special mission in yet a different neighboring enemy region.

This is a MP game so there is no file send. Is there anything more for me to do other than explain it here?

devoncop
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Re: Sneaking Out of a Besieged City

Post by devoncop » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:34 am

Personally I think you have some very atypical behaviour going on in your MP game there...

Have you had a script warning pop up at any time ?

My suspicion is modded files may be in use.....

choppinlt
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Sneaking Out of a Besieged City

Post by choppinlt » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:14 pm

Ha, I would agree devoncop! :lol: It is good to know that perhaps it appears isolated to this game, OTOH it stinks that it appears only isolated to this game because we are well over 200 turns of an MP game. No mods are in use...unless one of the other players have used them. I can double check with them to see, but judging from my crew I doubt that is the case.

Script warning...I don't recall anything at all, unless it was very early on after installation. The software has been very stable performing overall.

I have no idea if any of this could lead to a root cause, but there were 6 of us that started the game and 3 joined the scenario at 1.01 then 1.02 came out. So the rest of us joined with version 1.02. IIRC 1.03 came out mid turn for too. Again I'm not sure if that has any impact but i recall thinking at the time that I hope this doesn't cause any issues.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”