Can we get more India?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Nijis
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Can we get more India?

Post by Nijis » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:33 pm

So the Mauryans are a pretty key player in the multiplayer games, but having only a third of their historic realm necessarily diminishes the experience of playing them. If they expand, they are forced to go (rather ahistorically) into Persia.

It would be great to get more of northern India, perhaps even the Deccan as well, to provide the heel-nipping enemies and loyal clients/rebellious vassals that the desert tribes are to the eastern powers, and the Balkan and Celtic tribes are to the western ones. Historically, there is a line running across Asia that empires rarely conquered across - in this game, it would be the mountains between Transoxania and the Tarim basin, running down through the Karakorum and Himalayas to the jungle hills between Bengal and Burma.

More India also means more room to play for the Greco-Bactrians, Kushanas, and other powers that emerged in this period. Some of these have pretty cool armies in FoG 2, and I'd really like to play them in MP.

Some more India-specific events and buildings would also be great!

kongxinga
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: Can we get more India?

Post by kongxinga » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:40 am

I support this, maybe have China be the new border (part of the realm on map, rest off map like with Maurya currently). We already have excellent Silk Road OOBs for most of the countries there.

Hendricus
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Hendricus » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:13 pm

Did you see the special fortress the Mauryan Empire has. It can send armies east and get a bonus representing gains made there.

Nijis
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Nijis » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:19 am

I checked out the special fortress reinforcement rules, and they're great to have - but I really think that India should have more interesting strategic options. Not just for the Mauryas, but for the Bactrians and Kushanas and Indo-Greeks and Indo-Scythians as well.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”