Is the type of terrain influencing the food and max population of a region ?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Darksky
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Is the type of terrain influencing the food and max population of a region ?

Post by Darksky »

Just a screenshot:

As you can see it seems there is not such difference in terms of population between wild/rough territories and fertile/plain ones. Should not be much more limitation in harsh territories in term of food and population ? Or maybe this is already in place but I have not noticed it ? :D
I don't think. Just to make an example inside Italy, I have Umbria (mountains) that reached level 23, more than Naples and a bit less of other plain regions.
Soar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: Is the type of terrain influencing the food and max population of a region ?

Post by Soar »

Workers assigned to food production in mountains and arid terrain already have reduced food output - you can see if you mouse over food workers in different terrains and compare the values. The food output of buildings isn't modified, but certain food-related buildings can't be build in those terrain types (e.g. no farms in arid terrain, no large farms in mountains).
Southern Hunter
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: Is the type of terrain influencing the food and max population of a region ?

Post by Southern Hunter »

More work on balancing required I suspect. I have seen similar results...it is still pretty easy to get large pops in dodgy terrain.
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

Did you start the game in 1.03?

In 1.04 then 1.05 some low pop regions should have a great difficulty booming like in 1.03
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
Darksky

Post by Darksky »

Hi Pocus,

that is a screenshot of a game started with 1.04.

By the way really congrats to you and your team for this game.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”