Field of Diplomacy: Winds of Change

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

ledo
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Field of Diplomacy: Winds of Change

Post by ledo »

That's good I was really worried about an ai Macedonia. Unfortunately with Syracuse being offline for the first few turns I feel too bad to actually war them so I'm going to have to give up Sicily. Now if only the ai would accept my peace offer :x
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

Ah, that's real sportsmanship! I'd do the same in your shoes plus warring against a player with 2 starting regions isn't very fair I'd say, but that's for those that have ability to do something about it to decide.

I'm ve-e-e-ry far away from any action...
ledo

Post by ledo »

13obo wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:27 pm Ah, that's real sportsmanship! I'd do the same in your shoes plus warring against a player with 2 starting regions isn't very fair I'd say, but that's for those that have ability to do something about it to decide.

I'm ve-e-e-ry far away from any action...
It's tough for Carthage as we already start at war and Sicily is probably the second highest value province Carthage can reasonably own. I think that if a player played Tarentum, Rome would feel hard pressed giving up Italia Inferior, so I would not judge them for wiping it out. Nevertheless, I don't think Carthage absolutely needs it, and a good friend on their border with their own maintenance free unit limit can't hurt and probably has its own value.
MARVIN_THE_ARVN
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by MARVIN_THE_ARVN »

In the games I've played I have found that unless benevolent players leave it alone Syracuse needs Carthage or Rome to ally with it if it is to survive.
"I'll gladly trade you some ARVN rifles, never been fired and only dropped once"
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

Hail Antigonus, leader of Lycians and Greeks in Asia minor. I, Seleucus, would like to strongly urge that you make amends with Egypt and do not make incursions into their or their allies' territory (ideally, make peace). They are weaker, but deserve to be treated with respect.

You and I may be at peace now, but I will not be standing idly if Ptolemy is threatened.

Regards,

Seleucus
Nijis
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Nijis »

Seleucos, Ptolemy,

I believe Egypt holds my territory in the Sinai and invaded Jerusalem, though I will need to check the map to confirm. (I may be confusing this with another game.)

I will accept a peace offer from Egypt assuming that it does not occupy any of my territory. I will fight aggressively however until such an offer is made. I will not relinquish captured Nabatean territory but, assuming a peace offer is forthcoming, I will not try to push into the Nile Valley.

A. Rex
desertedfox
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by desertedfox »

I'll send an offer of peace next turn and move back to my territories. Current turn is already in, so not much I can do about that.

I did send you a PM which I saw you received, but after a period of time elapsed and I heard nothing back, I submitted my turn.
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

Seleucids welcome the peace between these great nations!
Nijis
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Nijis »

Very good. I will expect one more turn of warfare based on the orders we've both given to our units, followed by disengagement and a peace offer. We welcome peace with Egypt.

Antigonos
desertedfox
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by desertedfox »

Antigos has already reneged on our agreed peace settlement. Therefore, there is no peace.
Nijis
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Nijis »

The Antigonids made clear, both in our public and private diplomacy, that we would accept peace after retaking the captured territories: Galilee, Samaria, and Philisteia.

If Ptolemy does not read our missives, that makes diplomacy rather complicated, but we did not reneg on anything.

We accepted Ptolemy's offer and disbanded a number of troops so we hope there will still be peace. We will be wrathful indeed if we find that our armies were attacked while unprepared.
desertedfox
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by desertedfox »

I said one thing and you said another, so there appears to be no agreement.

The only thing we can agree on, is the war continues.
Soar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Soar »

Am I the only one that didn't get an email reminder for the latest turn being ready to play, or did that affect everyone else too? Just in case, there's a new turn if you haven't checked in the last 10 hours.
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

Didn't get one either- this is a reoccurring issue, unfortunately.
saikoren
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by saikoren »

Sometimes i got one. sometimes not
Soar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Soar »

If anybody got a notification for turn 16, let me know. If no one got a notification for this specific turn, maybe knowing that would help the developers isolate the cause of the issue.

Based on what I saw when I checked before I went to bed the night before the turn ended I think the turn might've timed out with Sarmatia (RufusTFirefly) the only one to not get their turn in, so I'm wondering if the turn ending in that specific way might be related to the issue. My mailbox has 13 out of the 16 turn notifications that should've been sent - the other 2 missing seem to be from when Wulfburk wasn't available at the start and missed a few turns.
Soar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Soar »

Another turn timed out as of a few hours ago, and again no email notification. Please consider this your reminder. I feel I have enough information to warrant a bug report, so I'll go write one up now.
Soar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Soar »

It appears we have our first casualty: Based on the in-game player list, the Roman player gave up under the combined onslaught of Macedonia, Carthage and surrounding AI factions and handed the reigns over to the AI.
saikoren

Post by saikoren »

It is easier than i thought. Now we can split the territorial gain as we have agreed.
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

He tried to bite more than he can chew- Rome is weak at the start.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”