Field of Diplomacy: Winds of Change

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

MARVIN_THE_ARVN
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: Field of Diplomacy: Winds of Change

Post by MARVIN_THE_ARVN » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:28 pm

Yeah, in another game im playing the Roman player has been quite threatening to me as Averni (RP not real, I hope) but they are also at war with Carthage.

I've found that until Rome has a sizeable chunk of Italy under its control it's very vunlerable to gang up.

In a way it's a shame that with our prior knowledge we know what Rome can become and destroy it early on but that is the nature of gaming and prior knowledge.
"I'll gladly trade you some ARVN rifles, never been fired and only dropped once"

ledo
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by ledo » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:52 pm

MARVIN_THE_ARVN wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:28 pm
Yeah, in another game im playing the Roman player has been quite threatening to me as Averni (RP not real, I hope) but they are also at war with Carthage.

I've found that until Rome has a sizeable chunk of Italy under its control it's very vunlerable to gang up.

In a way it's a shame that with our prior knowledge we know what Rome can become and destroy it early on but that is the nature of gaming and prior knowledge.
I don't think there'll always be that opportunity though. It's not always that Macedonia has the time or trust or ability to invade Rome early and Carthage definitely can't do it alone. Frankly a little bit of luck made it go our way so easily, it could have been a hard slog with the army he had set up.

It depends on the game and the situation. The hardest thing about this game is that you so often have too many things to do at once, and more often than not the thing you hear from allies is, I need to consolidate or deal with this or that first, to the point that wars and invasions always feel inconvenient. Which is unusual for games of this type and I don't think most players are used to making decisions based on cost benefit to the extremes that this game requires.

MARVIN_THE_ARVN

Post by MARVIN_THE_ARVN » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:43 pm

Ledo, sure, a good way of looking at it, I think I've only seen Macedonia take a Rome player out in my multiplayer games.

Thats the problem with Rome, need to play it cool early on and get some alliances or deals struck.
"I'll gladly trade you some ARVN rifles, never been fired and only dropped once"

Geffalrus
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Geffalrus » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:49 pm

The series continues? That's awesome! Can't wait to see how things turn out. :D

13obo
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by 13obo » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:12 pm

He's alive! Yeah, I should post another update but I keep forgetting due to some engrossing wars going on at the moment in both games.

Did you win your FoG2 tournament?

Geffalrus

Post by Geffalrus » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:33 pm

Haha, not yet. It's a tight race in Classical Div A. I currently have the lead, but there are some players who haven't completed most of their matches who can catch up if things go their way. In Late Antiquity dkalenda absolutely demolished the rest of us. In Early Medieval I'm doing my best to catch up to the current leader. So some crucial matches still to be played. Fun times all around.

What's the situation in Winds of Change currently? How fare my beloved Antigonids? Has devoncop been crushed into dust? :wink:

Soar
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Soar » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:13 am

It's been pretty quiet since Macedon and Carthage reduced Rome to its capitol region and then made peace. AI Rome still has the world's highest land power rating according to the ledger information, though. The Seleucids are just about done wiping out AI Maurya, the Ptolemies and Carthage have been dealing with a multitude of aggressive desert tribes, and I believe the Antigonids wiped out AI Pontus and Colchis. For the others, it's just been expansion against minor AI powers and independents. Devoncop isn't participating in this round of the series.

Geffalrus

Post by Geffalrus » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:25 pm

Good, good stuff. Sounds like you're all slowly moving towards the Great War Round 1 stage of things. Fun fun fun. :twisted:

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”