An All-out Slugfest

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

ledo
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

An All-out Slugfest

Post by ledo »

So I saw that OT game, which I have no idea what it is but there appeared to be two teams. And it got me thinking, I've played about 50-60 turns of truly involved games (after the initial spree), and have only really had one truly epic interesting war. As much as I love the diplomacy and building games in Empires I really want to have some all out warfare to get a feel for the war game. Anyway, as much as this might sideline those other aspects of the games to an extreme degree, I thought as a side game if anyone from the diplomacy games or otherwise would like to do a good old fashioned team deathmatch? I'm thinking 2 or 4 teams with each team taking turns drafting countries and then a preset peace time to stabilise i.e. 10 or so turns (or more or less this is really up to the players) and then a big team-based worldwide war. Victory conditions can either be total domination or combined legacy if it breaks down into a stalemate.

Anyone be interested?
Last edited by ledo on Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wulfburk
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: An All-out Slugfest

Post by Wulfburk »

I would certainly be interested. Perhaps instead of drafting countries, just set up for balance, some teams like - Carthage - Epeiros - Sparta - Ptolemaios - Seleukos x Rome - Macedonia - Athens - Lysimakos - Antigonos.

Either way id love some total war team deathmatch.
ledo

Post by ledo »

Wulfburk wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:17 am I would certainly be interested. Perhaps instead of drafting countries, just set up for balance, some teams like - Carthage - Epeiros - Sparta - Ptolemaios - Seleukos x Rome - Macedonia - Athens - Lysimakos - Antigonos.

Either way id love some total war team deathmatch.
I'm hoping drafting would ensure they're balanced but with the opportunity to create interesting combinations. I think before drafting the teams can be picked and priorities set amongst themselves. We can set some rules about first picks etc. If we see an opportunity for broken combinations. Still preset teams could also work and make it easier to set the teams early with players able to pick the nation they want.
hyme
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by hyme »

ledo wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:08 pm So I saw that OT game, which I have no idea what it is but there appeared to be two teams. And it got me thinking, I've played about 50-60 turns of truly involved games (after the initial spree), and have only really had one truly epic interesting war. As much as I love the diplomacy and building games in Empires I really want to have some all out warfare to get a feel for the war game. Anyway, as much as this might sideline those other games to an extreme degree, I thought as a side game if anyone from the diplomacy games or otherwise would like to do a good old fashioned team deathmatch? I'm thinking 2 or 4 teams with each team taking turns drafting countries and then a preset peace time to stabilise i.e. 10 or so turns (or more or less this is really up to the players) and then a big team-based worldwide war. Victory conditions can either be total domination or combined legacy if it breaks down into a stalemate.

Anyone be interested?
It's not two teams. It's just where I found the players. We may have one more spot open if you want in.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”