Cavalry during the city assault

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

bs_grom
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Cavalry during the city assault

Post by bs_grom » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:55 am

it seems unnatural to me that heavy cavalry and perhaps elephants have no penalty for assault the city.
Playing Epeirot Empire, it is best to use heavy cavalry and elephants supported by archers to assault the cities.
It is not historical, but on the other hand steppe peoples would not be able to conquer fortified cities, although this was the case in reality

Hendricus
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: Cavalry during the city assault

Post by Hendricus » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:09 pm

A city assault, best done with cavalry. That's a bold statement. You sit on your horse run to the wall and jump. I'm joking, they probably dismount before they join the assault. Would that give them a disadvantage compared to horseriding ? I think so, an assault negative strenght modifier should reflect this. Good you brought this to our attention.

Soar
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Soar » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:33 pm

Heavy cavalry being stronger than heavy infantry in mountains, forest and swamp also seems a little odd.

uneducated
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by uneducated » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:10 pm

It is absolutely wonderful and heavenly to ride Armenian Cataphracts into assaults on walled cities in the mountains.

If you haven't yet experienced the wonder of Armenian Cataphracts, you are in for a treat. May they never be nerfed! :)

We could look upon them as the spiritual spearhead of the assault. Every man with them, feels he is riding one of those steeds.

Not an hour of life is wasted spent in the saddle. Winston Churchill
A man on a horse is spiritually, as well as physically, bigger then a man on foot. John Steinbeck

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:25 pm

They should be relegated to a back seat, but admittedly if you only have cavalry, then you can exploit the loophole. I'll see to change that for the next patch.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

Hendricus

Post by Hendricus » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:48 pm

Pocus wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:25 pm
They should be relegated to a back seat, but admittedly if you only have cavalry, then you can exploit the loophole. I'll see to change that for the next patch.
Gamers are real loophole artists. Good news the holes are going to be repaired.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”