Client states

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

polkad
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Client states

Post by polkad »

Hi all, playing as rome i have 3 client states from the last 200 years but nothing happend with them.

I can´t annex them and no event occur for annex any kingdom. Only Dalmatia some times give one region every 50 turns.

Thanks in advance.
Will_L
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Client states

Post by Will_L »

Playing as Rome in v1.05 also. Was finally able to get Samnium as a client state after approximately 100 turns of an alliance and they absorbed themselves in Rome maybe 25 turns later. Just got Etruscans (they had only their capital region and Clanis) to become client state after about 140 turns of alliance and they almost immediately gave me Clanis, wondering how long it will be before they become Roman. Etruscans were allied with Rome and cooperation with Carthage, had to tear Carthage down to a single region (the island east of Spain) to finally get them to have a possibility of client status at 49, was always zero previously. Made peace with Carthage because there is no way that I'm going to try to attack an almost 300 value army in the forest, on an island LOL.
Never saw an option to annex, Samnium did it on its own.
rs2excelsior
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by rs2excelsior »

Annexation isn't an option, it happens naturally over time. IIRC a client state has a chance of giving you a region if it borders 3 regions you already own, or 1 if it's an objective for you. That might have changed, though.

The only client state I managed to get in my most recent Rome game so far was Syracuse, and they gave me their only province in pretty short order.
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

No change here, but you must have very good relationships, and then some offering to RNGesus might be needed. Because RNGesus giveth, but RNGesus taketh too. :wink:

Seriously this is a temporary measure and with proper diplomacy you'll be able to ask for a specific region.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
polkad

Post by polkad »

Pocus wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:23 am No change here, but you must have very good relationships, and then some offering to RNGesus might be needed. Because RNGesus giveth, but RNGesus taketh too. :wink:

Seriously this is a temporary measure and with proper diplomacy you'll be able to ask for a specific region.
Pocus, that´s sound great! Pls keep in mind also that maybe some "free cities" could ask to join the empire. For example, in roman era if a city accepts the roman soverign they grante the municipium status.
Another thing is how Anibal go trhoug Hispania and Galia. Need to reflect that, military access, buy armies from other nations ( Expeditionary forces? ), soborn leaders and cities.
Will_L
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Will_L »

Pocus wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:23 am No change here, but you must have very good relationships, and then some offering to RNGesus might be needed. Because RNGesus giveth, but RNGesus taketh too. :wink: Seriously this is a temporary measure and with proper diplomacy you'll be able to ask for a specific region.
Thank you Pocus.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”