QUESTION: Who would have this General?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

uneducated
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

QUESTION: Who would have this General?

Post by uneducated » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:29 pm

Some Generals are 0-0, i.e. they have no bonus for attack or defence. Why on Earth would you bother allocating that General to an Army, unless you expected to export it to Field of Glory and gain a General in the battle there.

Soar
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: QUESTION: Who would have this General?

Post by Soar » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:34 pm

0-0 generals still contribute up to +2 to siege rolls (up the number of units with a siege bonus within the army) and enable the army to use the Retaliate order.

uneducated

Post by uneducated » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:59 pm

Soar wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:34 pm
0-0 generals still contribute up to +2 to siege rolls (up the number of units with a siege bonus within the army) and enable the army to use the Retaliate order.
I have never heard the Retaliate order mentioned. Yet again, you are most learned! Does it kick in automatically? What does it do?

Soar

Post by Soar » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:18 pm

It's a new addition in a recent patch. You can find it among the buttons on the top bar of the window that's shown when you have an army selected. When active, if the army enters a hostile region, it will fight any hostile armies present there, but won't seize control of that region even if it wins the battle and will instead fall back to the adjacent region it came from. Useful when you need to deal with an opponent's army but don't think absorbing their regions is going to be a net gain for you.

uneducated

Post by uneducated » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:25 pm

Soar wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:18 pm
It's a new addition in a recent patch. You can find it among the buttons on the top bar of the window that's shown when you have an army selected. When active, if the army enters a hostile region, it will fight any hostile armies present there, but won't seize control of that region even if it wins the battle and will instead fall back to the adjacent region it came from. Useful when you need to deal with an opponent's army but don't think absorbing their regions is going to be a net gain for you.
Soar, thank you. Yet another excellent explanation. Do you make any how to videos explaining Empires? Your knowledge and insights are just what this game needs. It would be popular amongst the community, I am sure. In this case, I asked a question and you responded, but you knew that information from the moment of reading the patch release. If you had just made a quick video illustrating the feature, and the possible use cases, you would have tons of viewers, and people would better appreciate the game. If you quickly learned how to record a piece of game play and stick up a few sub-titles, it would be great! If you became good at it, you might be able to make it an earner in the future.

I hope you try!

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:22 am

uneducated wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:29 pm
Some Generals are 0-0, i.e. they have no bonus for attack or defence. Why on Earth would you bother allocating that General to an Army, unless you expected to export it to Field of Glory and gain a General in the battle there.
You would not gain an extra general there.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”