SUGGESTION: Red Bad, Green Good

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

uneducated
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

SUGGESTION: Red Bad, Green Good

Post by uneducated » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:28 pm

Besieger (Good) Red Icon
Clumsy (Bad) Green Icon

These would better be denoted as:
Besieger (Good) Green Icon
Clumsy (Bad) Red Icon

There ought to be an intuitive and unified colour theme across all the beni and mali for Units and other aspects of the game.

Whilst on this topic, do Besieger Units gain their benefit both whilst besieging and being besieged?
Is the "malus", Coward, actually a bonus when conducting and or being subjected to a siege?

Soar
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: SUGGESTION: Red Bad, Green Good

Post by Soar » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:04 pm

Besiegers don't gain their bonus when defending against a siege. As regards to the 'Coward' trait, the manual says it gives "-1 movement, -1 on all values in a siege", which seems pretty unambigiously negative.

USGrant1962
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by USGrant1962 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:24 am

I agree, the game could use a makeover of the graphic colors and symbols. Why does gaining a slave (good) show the revolt symbol (bad)?

uneducated

Post by uneducated » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:17 am

Soar wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:04 pm
Besiegers don't gain their bonus when defending against a siege. As regards to the 'Coward' trait, the manual says it gives "-1 movement, -1 on all values in a siege", which seems pretty unambigiously negative.
Here is the benus:
Coward Siege Benus.png
Coward Siege Benus.png (417.03 KiB) Viewed 249 times

Morbio
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by Morbio » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:03 pm

I've always interpreted the coward trait as a positive thing for a besieged unit. I'm assuming that he drives the local army and populace harder to build fortifications and stockpile food etc.

Have I been misinterpreting this? Is the coward +2 actually a negative modifier for the beseiged army?

lostangelonline
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by lostangelonline » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:11 pm

I was also misled sometimes by the colors used. Green icon for "coward" and "food usage", or red for "combat power" are some of them, but there are many.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”