Change notifications about +/- relations to low priority

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Soar
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Change notifications about +/- relations to low priority

Post by Soar » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:10 pm

Factions' relations improving or worsening due to wars or treaties spams the log and on-map event notifications heavily, but for some reason it's classed as medium importance, the same level as alliance treaties being signed between foreign powers, while factions joining wars is low priority for some reason. If the relations notifications were changed to low importance and the importance of factions joining wars was increased, the diplomatic events log option would be way more usable as a way to see what's going on in the world.

lostangelonline
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Change notifications about +/- relations to low priority

Post by lostangelonline » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:05 pm

I haven't used to check the log messages so far (but I did use it in EU), I mostly like notifications on map. But if this is the case, I agree with Soar.

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:03 am

Weird, these are not the settings I see. A Joint DOW should even lead to a pop-up.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

Soar

Post by Soar » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:05 pm

I've been experiencing this in a multiplayer game so can't currently reproduce it at will, but here's a few screenshots to illustrate the issue. Diplomatic notifications mode, when set to show top, medium, or low priority messages, respectively. Take note of the numbers listed by the messages: Switching to low priority mode adds 10 highly relevant messages that are buried under 139 (!) largely less useful ones.

poesel71
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by poesel71 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:36 am

Thanks @soar - I wasn't aware that changing options for the log would change icons on the map. And I was wondering where the icons had gone! :o

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:15 pm

I did not forget you, just rather busy with a big feature. This is noted though!

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:43 am

After checking the code, it was actually on purpose! But I have revised it slightly.

here how it went

if a declaration of war is not involving you and is involving 2 nations that are not neighbors to you, then the importance loses 2 notches. So the top priority message went to low.

Now, i have amended that, in this case, it remains average. I would advise players not playing casually to play with average and top messages visible, top is not enough, btw. This is how I play!

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”