CDR and government levels/types

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Thunderlizard2
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

CDR and government levels/types

Post by Thunderlizard2 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:49 am

In last Rome game, I was barely in middle CDR tier and then upon switching to Empire I zoomed to the top of the CDR charts. Can someone explain why this happened? I'm sure it's buried in the manual somewhere.

jimwinsor
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Re: CDR and government levels/types

Post by jimwinsor » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:57 am

Switching to Young (Empire) meant lower Decadence, I'm guessing, which moved your ratio to top tier.
Streaming as "Grognerd" on Twitch! https://www.twitch.tv/grognerd

Thunderlizard2

Post by Thunderlizard2 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:03 am

jimwinsor wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:57 am
Switching to Young (Empire) meant lower Decadence, I'm guessing, which moved your ratio to top tier.
So Young Empire has lower decadence than Glorious Republic?

Soar
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Soar » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:20 am

Yes. Glorious governments gain additional decadence based on their government age, which (outside of special conditions that apply to certain factions) increases each turn, with the effect of making it difficult for them to maintain that status indefinitely.

ledo
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by ledo » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:53 am

You also get +35% decadence overall I think, although this is somewhat offset by the 15 point loyalty buff.

loki100
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by loki100 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:48 pm

you get a reduction on your age every time you change level, so going to a young Empire has just taken 50% off your accumulated age. Also the conversion of age to decadence only takes place when you are glorious (this may have been slightly modified in the last patch but it still hits you hardest when glorious, old or decadent)

the table on p. 86 (section 7.4.4) of the manual is your best friend in this respect. i'd say its the single most important page in the whole manual to be honest.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”