Lake Bug

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Culthrasa
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Lake Bug

Post by Culthrasa » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:01 pm

Hey all,

I got a bug where there are units in a lake tile which don't vanish....
I control all the area around it (have been for >10 turns) still the units are there...
There where a few different factions near the lake, don't know which one it is... I conquered all except one (Parthia) and they will be gone soon...

Soar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: Lake Bug

Post by Soar » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:43 pm

The AI can't lose units to being out of supply, unless they're in a besieged city (there's a checkbox in the options menu to turn this rule on for players as well). I see three possibilities.

1: It's a Parthian fleet and will disappear once you wipe out Parthia and they have no surviving allies.

2: It's from one of the factions you conquered and still in play because of the mechanic that allows factions that lose all their territory to keep playing with any surviving units if they still have a surviving ally. In this case you would still be at war with the offending faction.

3: A pirate fleet spawned there. Pirates don't care about supply, but I don't know if they're allowed the spawn in one-seazone lakes.

If it's pirates, the only way to get rid of them would be to embark land units into the seazone, causing a naval battle to occur. Naval transports tend to suffer heavy casualties when fighting against combat ships, but can overwhelm them with enough numbers - best to send a mass of cheap units.

dunnsa
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Lake Bug

Post by dunnsa » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:16 pm

Send one cheap unit into the lake to scout who/what it is.
Your unit will likely be destroyed, but then you'll know what to do next....
aka lodilefty at AGEOD

"Never let the pursuit of perfection obstruct progress!"

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”