Possible Macedonian aging bug

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

desertedfox
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Possible Macedonian aging bug

Post by desertedfox » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:08 pm

I am currently at turn 67 as Macedonia in a MP game. I am a Stable Empire, yes I know it's almost impossible to stop Macedonia from hitting Empire early.

I check my decadence and it's zero from ageing. My status age is 36.

Is this correct, zero decadence from ageing this far into the game?

Culthrasa
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: Possible Macedonian aging bug

Post by Culthrasa » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:47 pm

Some goverment tiers, like Young Empire don't have any aging penalty.. that's probably it... So you could stay in that tier for ever if you manage to not to have +5 or -5 tokens and never suffer aging...
In reality this is quite difficult cause without aging you likely have a good ratio and will be somewhere in the top tier, thus accruing positive tokens....

desertedfox

Post by desertedfox » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:28 am

Ah okay. Cheers Culth.

poesel71
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by poesel71 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:49 am

Culthrasa wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:47 pm
So you could stay in that tier for ever if you manage to not to have +5 or -5 tokens and never suffer aging...
Problem is that should you ever switch from young/stable to glorious you do get decadence through aging which may be a lot. Plus the 35% decadence from being glorious may kick you back down immediately.
Of course you have then lost lots of age through switching governments but it is still something to watch out for.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”