Bug or WAD

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

choppinlt
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Bug or WAD

Post by choppinlt » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:12 am

Let's play bug or WAD! :lol:
Case 1: Army given movement orders and is able to move 2 regions in the same turn. First region can overrun an unprotected town, then orders are given to end movement by assaulting the fort at the destination region. During the action phase the army fights in region 1, and wins easily. Then it moves in to region 2 and no assault takes place. Is this WAD, or a bug?
Screensho.jpg
Screensho.jpg (303.77 KiB) Viewed 371 times
Screenshot (4).jpg
Screenshot (4).jpg (282.68 KiB) Viewed 371 times

choppinlt
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Bug or WAD

Post by choppinlt » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:23 am

Case 2:
In the first photo the army on the left was given orders to move in to the same region with the other army...
The attachment Screenshot (2).jpg is no longer available
During the action phase the army on the right arrives at the meeting point and a previously unseen enemy army attacks the waiting army. It *appears* that the second army hadn't arrived yet because I didnt seem them during the battle. My army wins in 1 round of combat, and pushes the enemy out. To my surprise I see the message in the pic below. It tells me that the second army was pushed back by an arriving enemy. Is this a bug or WAD?
Screenshot (2).jpg
Screenshot (2).jpg (281.62 KiB) Viewed 370 times

loki100
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by loki100 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:14 am

#2 is WAD, there is a mechanic that means an army weaker than the defenders will stop their movement ('be pushed back') instead of fight etc. As ever, I'd suspect there is a random element to this calculation so it might sometimes happen even if you think you are committing a reasonably strong force

choppinlt
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by choppinlt » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:37 am

First off, sorry but something happened to that one picture... :?

Thanks Loki! Well I knew that an enemy force could pushback/prevent your force from entering a region, and that makes total sense. This example seems less intuitive, because my stationary army fought and defeated the enemy army in one round of combat BEFORE the reinforcing army arrived. Yet the reinforcing army was never allowed to arrive despite the stationary army winning a battle prior to arrival. I just bring it up in case this wasn't supposed to happen. If this is WAD I'm totally good with it. In fact I like that these types of incidents can happen.... after all, no plan survives contact with the enemy. 8)

And what about Case 1?

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:57 pm

The first region in case 1 was not walled? I'm not certain then why the assault order was cancelled, I would need the save before the turn execution.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

choppinlt
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by choppinlt » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:18 am

That is correct, the first region was unwalled. And the assault was not performed in the second region as ordered. I will email you the file.

On a related note, I'm routinely seeing the AI move in to a region, assault and take the region, then continue movement in to another region. Is this WAD? I have never figured out how to continue movement after ordering an assault if this is WAD. It wouldn't be the first time I couldn't figure something out... :wink:

loki100

Post by loki100 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:08 am

its WAD, you can set the assault command to attack as you enter a region and then move on. Clearly a bit risky as you may stumble onto a large garrison but a good way to clear out a cluster of poorly defended regions

choppinlt
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by choppinlt » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:38 pm

Thank you Loki!

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:01 am

I looked in the save and I think that's WAD. You can move and assault and then continue moving, but you can't move, and then move again then assault.

I'm reluctant to change that as we are soon wrapping up the files for the official patch!
AGEOD Team - Makers of Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

Bullseye500
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Bullseye500 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:01 am

What is WAD? Thanks.

TimDee58
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by TimDee58 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:12 am

Working As Designed