A Fascinating Series of Events

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

choppinlt
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

A Fascinating Series of Events

Post by choppinlt »

I like to think of myself as an innovator, and I have commonly thought: why not try a new military technique to eclipse the phalanx. So Archimedes and I got together and came up with this:
Screen_00000016.jpg
Screen_00000016.jpg (458.9 KiB) Viewed 1131 times
choppinlt
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: A Fascinating Series of Events

Post by choppinlt »

We called it the quinquiremus formation. Genious we thought! Problem is that it was an abject military failure, not scoring that first hit against the enemy. :oops: Score one to annals of lost history, but more on that later.

But let's back up...how did we get to the experimental quiquiremus? A couple turns before I proposed a transaction with my good buddy Ptolemy, and I scored 4 of his fancy special ships. After he agreed to the deal I looked all around the eastern Med and found nothing. I looked all along the Red Sea and found nothing. Then I looked in my capital and saw this: (side note-notice the wide array of multinational forces just hanging out all over)
Screen_00000014.jpg
Screen_00000014.jpg (461.02 KiB) Viewed 1130 times
choppinlt
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by choppinlt »

So I send the land yachts on their journey across the Tigris and Euphrates to the Levant. Being the curious innovator I am, I ordered them to link up with an army. As it would happen an ally (Judea) picks a fight with Ptolemy and draws me in to his war, so I give that army orders to Palestine to meet my new enemy Ptolemy while theorizing how I can use this war as a test bed for future innovation. My army chases out some Egyptian incursions, but I do fight a curious battle. I win a battle in overwhelming fashion, yet the enemy army advances after the devastating defeat to intercept the land yachts before they can link up with the main body to provide a decisive edge. Clearly the "defeat" was a mere ruse while the Ptolemaic special operators perform their primary mission of destroying the land yachts behind the lines with their remaining forces.
Screen_00000015.jpg
Screen_00000015.jpg (454.1 KiB) Viewed 1129 times
So maybe this wasn't such a bad innovation after all since I was clearly matched against special operators with special orders to take them out?! :?

Other than having to share the incident with you all, I have to ask if the boats in my capital are WAD?

Should the remaining enemy army have been able to advance through me after a devastating defeat to intercept the land yachts?
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

Thanks, I'll fix this issue, the intent is to not get ships ...
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

This post gave me a good laugh!
Geordietaf
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Geordietaf »

The first tanks were called 'landships' so history just repeated itself in advance.
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

You could have at least the decency to get them from Arkimedes! :wink:
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”