Can't stop raiders after a peace treaty

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

stuart3
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Can't stop raiders after a peace treaty

Post by stuart3 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:19 am

Using the open Beta, I am playing as Rome. I have negotiated a peace treaty with the Celticii. Both factions can now freely move units through each other's territory, which seems strange as we have so recently been at war and still dislike one another with a relationship of -50. My big problem is that the Celticii units, some deep in Roman territory, keep trying to raid my regions (so far my local defenders have always beaten them off) and there seems to be nothing I can do to discourage this behavior.

If I set my armies to retaliate and order them to attack the raiding Celticii units, they will enter the same region as the Celticii unit ... and do nothing.

Bullseye500
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: Can't stop raiders after a peace treaty

Post by Bullseye500 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:53 pm

I have far too many foreign armies wandering thru my regions.

stuart3

Post by stuart3 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:42 pm

Whenever I enter an alliance, my allies always seem to find it necessary to send a single unit to wander round my territory for some reason. But having a status of "Peace" opens up unrealistic opportunities. While I was still at war with the Celticii, they used this status to move an army freely through the former Celticii region of Atesis, then owned by the Rhaeti, with whom they had a status of Peace following a war. Four of my regions bordered Atesis, but I had no war or treaty with the Rhaeti so the army I had in the vicinity couldn't enter Atesis in order to retaliate first against the Celticii units that were obviously coming to invade one or other of my regions.

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:29 pm

That's with beta round 3 I guess?

This is changed for the official patch featuring diplomacy. Also, much less ally loitering in general, unless you are in danger.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”