BETA: Has the dynamic for supplying armies from fleets changed?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Bullseye500
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

BETA: Has the dynamic for supplying armies from fleets changed?

Post by Bullseye500 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:47 pm

I am unable to supply my land based invasion armies from fleets anchored offshore. I used to be able to switch fleets out every turn to keep a fresh fleet in the adjacent sea region where my army was put ashore which would keep my army supplied. That isn't working for me in the Beta version. What do I need to do differently?

Bullseye500

Re: BETA: Has the dynamic for supplying armies from fleets changed?

Post by Bullseye500 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:40 pm

OK, well I have been thinking (scary, I know) that I almost always play as Rome but this time I was playing Macedon. Maybe the fleet supplying armies ashore dynamic is different depending on the nation. I just started a new game as Rome so i will find out..maybe by the end of today if my wife doesn't foil my gaming plans. I think I beat her to the draw though, I purchased a new game for her yesterday with quests and puzzles, i don't think that she can resits that!

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:51 am

Good move, shovel your significant other with gifts so she is kept busy! You are a fine strategist! :wink:

Nothing has changed on the rule you speak of, and it should work the same for all countries, except it depends of using (sucking up) ship effectiveness, so perhaps your ships are a bit on the crappy side?
AGEOD Team - Makers of Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

Bullseye500

Post by Bullseye500 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:56 pm

I bet that's it Pocus. I would just purchase 4 or 5 light craft then send them as a supply fleet. A more substantial fleet must be needed. My Macedon armies were rather large 250-300 strength. I started a new game (as Rome) with the new download yesterday. I will keep an eye on fleet supply and learn what works and what does not. I appreciate the answer, thank you.

Soar
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Soar » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:46 pm

Each ship provides 1 supply point. 5 supply points is equivalent to one food unit; most units eat between 2 to 4 points depending on unit type, terrain acclimation, ruler skill and generals' traits. As you say, you need a pretty substantial fleet to properly supply a large army.

Bullseye500

Post by Bullseye500 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:53 pm

Soar wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:46 pm
Each ship provides 1 supply point. 5 supply points is equivalent to one food unit; most units eat between 2 to 4 points depending on unit type, terrain acclimation, ruler skill and generals' traits. As you say, you need a pretty substantial fleet to properly supply a large army.
When I first started playing Empires any fleet would do for supply. My past schedule left me unable to play the game for awhile, I must have missed an update. Needing a better (larger) fleet certainly makes sense. Thanks Soar for the post.

Bullseye500

Post by Bullseye500 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:03 pm

Total supply capabilities for a fleet would sure be a great bit of information to have on the Fleet screen.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”