Cultural Building Giving Negative Culture

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

choppinlt
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Cultural Building Giving Negative Culture

Post by choppinlt » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:58 pm

Is this right?
Neg Culture.jpg
Neg Culture.jpg (270.9 KiB) Viewed 634 times

poesel71
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Cultural Building Giving Negative Culture

Post by poesel71 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:32 pm

My courthouses look the same. Although going by the description it should drop loyality instead of culture.

choppinlt
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by choppinlt » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:22 am

If this isn't a bug, my only guess is that the Loyalty gain from the Oration Tribune is dropped when upgraded, and is incorrectly labeled as Culture. I don't recall seeing this on all of my Courthouses though. In fact I think it may only be the ones that get a Culture bonus from Marble, though I can't be 100% positive at the moment.

Soar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Soar » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:43 pm

The Oration Tribune gives culture output as a bonus from marble. The Courthouse gives no culture output, it gives a decadence reduction instead. Thus, when an Oration Tribune in a region with marble bonus access is upgraded, culture output decreases. This does certainly make the Courthouse less attractive as an upgrade wherever marble is available.

choppinlt
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by choppinlt » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:14 pm

The reduction doesn't seem intuitive, but I trust it has to do with game balancing. Is it the same with the below:
Thala.jpg
Thala.jpg (496.03 KiB) Viewed 556 times

choppinlt
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by choppinlt » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:19 pm

OK, so there are some issues with Commerce structures too. Many of them I understand because of a lack of needed goods, variations in bonus goods, etc. However others are NOT clear to me, compare below:

Weaver zero.jpg
Weaver zero.jpg (417.27 KiB) Viewed 555 times
Above it notes all bonuses, yet indicates income =0

Below, same game, same turn, the Weaver indicates 19 income, and one of the bonus goods are missing! :lol: So what is going on here?
Weaver Bonus.jpg
Weaver Bonus.jpg (463.51 KiB) Viewed 555 times

choppinlt
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by choppinlt » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:54 pm

So one thing I forgot to pay close attention too was the loyalty level in each region. Looking at the pictures one is 49 and the other is 31, while both have a chance for revolt. Is that why there is such a difference? Is there something else going on?

poesel71

Post by poesel71 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:44 pm

The region in your first example is under pacification which means a -100% modifier to commerce. Hence no income.
I asked about this before because it confuses me, too. But IIRC Pocus said its WAD because it shows you the income as is.
The information what the value without modifier is is missing.

choppinlt
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by choppinlt » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:35 pm

poesel71 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:44 pm
The region in your first example is under pacification which means a -100% modifier to commerce. Hence no income.
I asked about this before because it confuses me, too. But IIRC Pocus said its WAD because it shows you the income as is.
The information what the value without modifier is is missing.
Thanks for the confirmation. After I posted it I noticed the hand symbol, and at first I thought nothing of it. It has been a battleground region recently, and I'm sure that is exactly what is going on there.

OK so I have another situation which is a head scratcher to me...this is a core province that has always been in my possession, the loyalty is decent and there are no symbols shown. The needs can be met from 2 different controlled stable regions, so why does this Level 1 structure offer -15 money?
Money.jpg
Money.jpg (451.97 KiB) Viewed 501 times

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”