Multiplayer game recruiting: Wars of the Diadochi

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

rs2excelsior
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Multiplayer game recruiting: Wars of the Diadochi

Post by rs2excelsior »

Don't see a dedicated subforum for setting up this sort of thing, so I'm just putting it here.

I'm looking at setting up a multiplayer game focused around Alexander's successor kingdoms, with secret diplomacy allowed between players. I'm hoping to get a player at the head of each of the successor kingdoms, and the remainder (up to the full 16 player roster, if we can manage it!) playing as various minor powers surrounding the successors, especially those which influenced the wars between them historically. Secret diplomacy will be allowed and encouraged, for the Diadochi to plot against one another and for the various minors to either band together to resist the larger powers or to attach themselves to a major in order to crush their local rivals. Bribes and gifts in-game, as well as out-of-game negotiating, cajoling, pleading, intimidating, and so on are allowed and encouraged :) I imagine the PM system on this forum would be the easiest way to do that, unless we agree to set up a discord server for the game or similar.

Required countries:
Macedonia
Lysmakos
Antigonos
Ptolemaios - Wulfburk
Seleukos

Suggested minors:
Epirus
Athens - chb75
Sparta
Achaia
Aetolia
Rhodus
Judea
Byzantion
Bithyna
Paphlagonia
Pontus
Armenia
Media
Iberia
Kolchis

I'm open to suggestions of other nations which could be included as well. I thought about including Rome, as historically they played a large role in the later parts of the successor kingdoms, but I think that would pull the focus more westward and a Rome unopposed by threats to their west would be a bit overpowered--I think I'd prefer to leave them as an AI nation. Also, feel free to note any preferences as to platform for private diplomacy. I think discord might be easier, but that depends on everyone having the platform. The game isn't set up yet, but if you're interested post to claim a nation and I'll PM a password once we've got enough players :)

I'd like to play, though I can just coordinate if we get enough interest. If I had my pick I'd like Macedon, but again, I'm willing to be flexible :)
Last edited by rs2excelsior on Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wulfburk
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Multiplayer game recruiting: Wars of the Diadochi

Post by Wulfburk »

I'll play as Ptolemaios (unless someone really wants to play as it, then id play as Epirus or Rhodes).
chb75
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by chb75 »

Good idea

I need a game where i wont be one of the few the last player standing (a part for the mess i combined with Lysimachos :) ).
I wish that those organized in the forum will be better in this !

I am in with Athens, Judea or Maedia in this order!

Thanks and good idea!
rs2excelsior

Post by rs2excelsior »

Wulfburk wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:07 am I'll play as Ptolemaios (unless someone really wants to play as it, then id play as Epirus or Rhodes).
chb75 wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:07 pm I am in with Athens, Judea or Maedia in this order!

Thanks and good idea!
You’re both added to the list!

It seems the forums are much less active than at release... I haven’t played a MP game since shortly after the game came out. So if either of y’all know of other people who are reasonably active in MP, feel free to PM and invite them. I get the feeling a lot of people are waiting for bug fixes coming with the Persia DLC; maybe we wait for that patch before getting started?

Regardless, this is still open for anyone who drops by and is interested!
Alcoolamus
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Alcoolamus »

I would have joined if I hadn’t already 3 MP games ongoing
I discovered they last a very long time (have one that began in October 2019)
I think it’s the case for several people here and may explain why it seems less active
MARVIN_THE_ARVN
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by MARVIN_THE_ARVN »

I've managed to drop to only one multiplayer game but as others have said I'm waiting for the next patch and possibly the DLC.

I'll keep an eye out closer to your start date and jump in if I'm available.
"I'll gladly trade you some ARVN rifles, never been fired and only dropped once"
Wulfburk
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Wulfburk »

might be good to wait for the DLC yeah.
MARVIN_THE_ARVN

I'll be up for giving the new DLC a go
"I'll gladly trade you some ARVN rifles, never been fired and only dropped once"
Kimbell
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Kimbell »

Hello,

Is there still space to join in?
MARVIN_THE_ARVN

Kimbell,

I dont think this game has started, once the DLC drops I'm sure a nrw game will get started as folk want to try out the new factions.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”