Administrative Burden jumping.

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

swang30
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Administrative Burden jumping.

Post by swang30 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:26 am

My Administrative Burden jumped from ~5-6k to ~12k. In one turn. How do I figure out what happened? Is there a way to make the increase a little more smooth? There's no way I can recover from this. Don't have enough liberate region cards...

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Re: Administrative Burden jumping.

Post by Pocus » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:19 am

You probably stockpiled a lot of money in one turn. Rest assured, once you return to more sensible level, it will also lower, so you will recover.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

swang30

Post by swang30 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:59 pm

I have the previous turn's save. I had 4.4k gold at the time, with 500 in income. spent -5100 on a decision, so ended up with -280. the new turn still had a jump to 12k admin burden.

Tried not taking any territories, still the same. I guess I can try not to build any buildings either?

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:29 am

Please send the past turn, before the increase in AB to support@slitherine.co.uk and mention this thread please.

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:02 am

The current turn, this is the last turn where you have a 50% discount on Admin Burden because of the modifier 'Virtuous Administration', that you get when you play the regional decision 'Adopt local administration'.

Try to stagger the use of this decision. You should get a message about this special modifier when you play the decision. This is where Persia starts to falter and you are not invincible. Once you stop having this special modifier, then you better have a very good economy. Also conquering the whole of (present day) Arabia was not a good idea, as they cost you much more than what you could earn from them, if only because you have a big bloated nation with a lot of not so production regions.

Surt
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Surt » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:25 am

Pocus wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:02 am
The current turn, this is the last turn where you have a 50% discount on Admin Burden because of the modifier 'Virtuous Administration', that you get when you play the regional decision 'Adopt local administration'.

Try to stagger the use of this decision. You should get a message about this special modifier when you play the decision. This is where Persia starts to falter and you are not invincible. Once you stop having this special modifier, then you better have a very good economy. Also conquering the whole of (present day) Arabia was not a good idea, as they cost you much more than what you could earn from them, if only because you have a big bloated nation with a lot of not so production regions.
I had this modifier all the game as Persia, see the save game i send.

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:38 pm

That's what I did, and this is why I'm telling you your current save is the last turn where you had it. So that's expected that AB jumps on the next turn, given you lost the 50% discount.

swang30

Post by swang30 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:05 am

Got it, thanks for taking the time to look at it.

As to Arabia, I got pissed off at them raiding. Knew it was a bad idea, but yeah, that wasn't a good decision.

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:41 pm

There was a bug, I got a save named 'Leaking Budget'. Sorry, as there was no thread title, I'm unsure who sent it to me! But I can tell you the bug is fixed ...

Given the very minor change to the code I had to do to fix it, I think it can make as a kind of 'mod' until the next patch is official.

kronenblatt
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by kronenblatt » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:28 pm

Pocus wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:02 am
... Also conquering the whole of (present day) Arabia was not a good idea, as they cost you much more than what you could earn from them, if only because you have a big bloated nation with a lot of not so production regions...
swang30 wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:05 am
... As to Arabia, I got pissed off at them raiding. Knew it was a bad idea, but yeah, that wasn't a good decision...
I really like a game such as this, where conquest is not necessarily profitable but may actually cost you dearly financially, and you have to make that strategic decision to not painting the map. (After all, that's what made the Roman's to stop at the Rhine after some efforts to push forward to and beyond the Elbe; it wasn't simply worthwhile and the costs too large.) And at one point it's simply doesn't pay off any more to expand but instead the natural borders are established, since the small revenues (if at all existing) will simply never make up for what it costs in terms of resources (gold, administrative attention, manpower, etc) because the region is too remote, too inaccessible, too difficult to defend, secure or cultivate, etc.

And I also at the same time like a game like this that makes it possible out of pure pride and annoyance to keep expanding and conquer unprofitable regions and deliberately pay the price for it with expenses on the margin exceeding revenues.

Good balancing!
Arranging the The Year of Many Emperors (TYME), Dividing the Spoils (DiSp), and The West is No More (TWiNM) tournaments for Field of Glory II!

Surt

Post by Surt » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:57 pm

Pocus wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:41 pm
There was a bug, I got a save named 'Leaking Budget'. Sorry, as there was no thread title, I'm unsure who sent it to me! But I can tell you the bug is fixed ...

Given the very minor change to the code I had to do to fix it, I think it can make as a kind of 'mod' until the next patch is official.
Is this 'mod' released and if so where?

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:35 pm

it's in the mod forum. I know it sounds surprising :wink:

choppinlt
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by choppinlt » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:05 pm

This may be a silly question, but what does changing this file do to an ongoing multiplayer game?

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:29 am

It will screw the game, because not everybody will have the same files.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”