Treasury, Income and Admin Burden

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

choppinlt
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Treasury, Income and Admin Burden

Post by choppinlt » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:34 am

I've been meaning to post this for awhile, but since 1.3 came out my treasury has changed dramatically in an MP game I am playing. I had over 30,000 stored and it dipped to under 4,000 within 2 or 3 turns all while having positive income AFTER 1.3. I know that 1.3 introduced some limiters on money storage (which is a great feature IMHO), but is there a guide on what the upper limit of your standard treasury is? Additionally I played around with it to test some things. My economy is doing great with a typical income of over 6,000, but my treasury never gets much passed 5,000. I tried spending it all on a decision and my treasury still took 2 or 3 turns to recover to the the 5,000 level despite my 6,000 income. I know about the royal treasury, but is there a way we can understand what is going on with the algorithm? :?: My current situation makes it appealing to buy about 200 merc units to offset my income some, but that doesn't feel quite right either.

Thanks!

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Re: Treasury, Income and Admin Burden

Post by Pocus » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:37 am

Do you have this SP game where you have +6000 but don't progress past 5000? That is not expected.

Edit: Persia in the DLC can have such jump, upon losing the modifier 'Virtuous Administration'.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

choppinlt
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by choppinlt » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:12 pm

I'm afraid I have no SP game to show this, it's an MP game we started after 1.1 came out. I am playing the Seleucids. Is there anything else I can do?

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:42 pm

well, not much honestly. There must be an expense you are not factoring, are you sending gifts in diplomacy, this is not factored in the planned expenses.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

choppinlt
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by choppinlt » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:08 pm

Nope, the draining of my coffers has prevented my donating to other causes. :) There is absolutely no other cost, it has been this way for several turns. For example I recently had a turn where I had about 5,000 in the treasury, +6000 income and I spent almost the entire treasury. The next turn I had about 1200 in the treasury. It rarely seems to recover at a rate greater than 1500/per turn regardless. I can plan around the handicap, I was just curious if it was intentional. It sounds like it's not, so thanks for the info. I wish I had a file to share!

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”