2D option ?

Fantasy General II - Invasion is the reimagination of the strategy game classic from the 90s!

Armies once again draw battle-lines on the war-torn land of Keldonia, and a new generation of commanders will test their bravery and tactics against each other. Fantasy wargaming is back!
philoumg
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

2D option ?

Post by philoumg »

Hi, I'm not very happy with 3d map and unity...
2D option will be good for old school player :-)

Thanks
Philippe
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: 2D option ?

Post by zakblood »

welcome to the forum and sorry about your views on the game, but unless it's an option in game now (which it's not), i can't see the whole game being altered now on release to suit the 2D view i'm sorry to say
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

I agree with Philoumg, I want to play the game like a 2D boardgame such as Risk, moving units from area to area, and wish there was an option to disable the 3D tactical battles.
AlexDetrojan
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by AlexDetrojan »

This is a good 3D fantasy game. If you enjoy 2D, Battle for Wesnoth might be more your cup of tea...and it's free.
Cheers
Alex
Froz
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Froz »

...or the original Fantasy General :).
HeinzHarald
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by HeinzHarald »

philoumg wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:05 pm Hi, I'm not very happy with 3d map and unity...
2D option will be good for old school player :-)
I had somewhat similar feelings when I first saw screenshot. But Unity seems to have gotten a bit better performance wise. And so far I haven't felt a need to rotate the camera or change the pitch, which is good news. So I'm satisfied with the end result.
HeinzHarald
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by HeinzHarald »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:33 pm I agree with Philoumg, I want to play the game like a 2D boardgame such as Risk, moving units from area to area, and wish there was an option to disable the 3D tactical battles.
That would've been a completely different game though. This isn't a grand strategy game.

Check out Sovereignty: Crown of Kings if you haven't already (it kinda needs another patch though).

Return to “Fantasy General II - Invasion”