Performance, FPS

Fantasy General II - Invasion is the reimagination of the strategy game classic from the 90s!

Armies once again draw battle-lines on the war-torn land of Keldonia, and a new generation of commanders will test their bravery and tactics against each other. Fantasy wargaming is back!
Zachmann
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Performance, FPS

Post by Zachmann »

Gentlemen,

I like Fantasy General II very much - it's an interesting game concept, a good storyline and all.

But I'm not pleased with the technical performance.

I am using i7 8700k GPU with GeForce 1080.

As soon as the Empire is in the game, so that there are some transmuters and fleshwalkers with little flames, and so on, the framerate drops significantly below 60 fps.
Lowering details and other technical adjustments via options seems to have none or maybe some marginal effect at most.

Titles like XCom 2 run absolutely smooth on highest detail, with all fireworks,... but this more classical tactics title here... :D

So...I'd be very happy about some update that addressed technical performance.
OBG_primetide
Owned by Gravity
Owned by Gravity

Re: Performance, FPS

Post by OBG_primetide »

Hmm, in our tests the game runs smoothly even on larger amounts of units - though the difference to XCOM is indeed we have about 10 to 30 times the amount of animation, efects etc. running at the same time.
We have created a guide on Steam forusm to help with the settings to improve performance and we will of course look into further optimization.
Making Fantasy General 2

Return to “Fantasy General II - Invasion”