Zoom Bug during Battles

Astra Exodus is a single player turn based Sci-fi 4X strategy game inspired by the classics, with a multiple choice narrative driven epic campaign, top down real time tactical battles and an extensive semi-randomized research grid.
Post Reply
DocMcJansen
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:53 pm

Zoom Bug during Battles

Post by DocMcJansen » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:32 pm

Hi there...

I do have a weird zoom bug during battles: after some time in a battle I can't fully zoom in (btw why does it zoom out, when I scroll up? I am used that I zoom in, when I scroll up. Might be personal preference, but I can't seem to find n option to change it) anymore! And when I zoom out my ships aren't visible anymore, but instead of the ships you see little dots..really weird! Happens every space battle :(

AtomicKaiser
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 304
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:49 pm
Location: Montevideo, Uruguay
Contact:

Re: Zoom Bug during Battles

Post by AtomicKaiser » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:33 pm

DocMcJansen wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:32 pm
Hi there...

I do have a weird zoom bug during battles: after some time in a battle I can't fully zoom in (btw why does it zoom out, when I scroll up? I am used that I zoom in, when I scroll up. Might be personal preference, but I can't seem to find n option to change it) anymore! And when I zoom out my ships aren't visible anymore, but instead of the ships you see little dots..really weird! Happens every space battle :(
Hey Doc. That's a bug regarding the camera changes between starmap/combat. It'll be fixed this week with update 05.
Image

DocMcJansen
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: Zoom Bug during Battles

Post by DocMcJansen » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:00 pm

AtomicKaiser wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:33 pm
DocMcJansen wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:32 pm
Hi there...

I do have a weird zoom bug during battles: after some time in a battle I can't fully zoom in (btw why does it zoom out, when I scroll up? I am used that I zoom in, when I scroll up. Might be personal preference, but I can't seem to find n option to change it) anymore! And when I zoom out my ships aren't visible anymore, but instead of the ships you see little dots..really weird! Happens every space battle :(
Hey Doc. That's a bug regarding the camera changes between starmap/combat. It'll be fixed this week with update 05.
Ah. Just saw your response! Already wrote something in my original thread. I will try it out later. Thanks!

DocMcJansen
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: Zoom Bug during Battles

Post by DocMcJansen » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:09 am

AtomicKaiser wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:33 pm
DocMcJansen wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:32 pm
Hi there...

I do have a weird zoom bug during battles: after some time in a battle I can't fully zoom in (btw why does it zoom out, when I scroll up? I am used that I zoom in, when I scroll up. Might be personal preference, but I can't seem to find n option to change it) anymore! And when I zoom out my ships aren't visible anymore, but instead of the ships you see little dots..really weird! Happens every space battle :(
Hey Doc. That's a bug regarding the camera changes between starmap/combat. It'll be fixed this week with update 05.
Just tried it. Nope. The bug is still there! Exactly like reported... :(

AtomicKaiser
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 304
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:49 pm
Location: Montevideo, Uruguay
Contact:

Re: Zoom Bug during Battles

Post by AtomicKaiser » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:54 am

DocMcJansen wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:09 am
AtomicKaiser wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:33 pm
DocMcJansen wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:32 pm
Hi there...

I do have a weird zoom bug during battles: after some time in a battle I can't fully zoom in (btw why does it zoom out, when I scroll up? I am used that I zoom in, when I scroll up. Might be personal preference, but I can't seem to find n option to change it) anymore! And when I zoom out my ships aren't visible anymore, but instead of the ships you see little dots..really weird! Happens every space battle :(
Hey Doc. That's a bug regarding the camera changes between starmap/combat. It'll be fixed this week with update 05.
Just tried it. Nope. The bug is still there! Exactly like reported... :(
Hey Doc. I am adding a mouse scroll direction switch on 06, which should help with the zoom confusion. In any case, I tested this with several battles and it worked just fine after the fix. Do you have a safe file before a battle when this happens? Maybe there is something specific which I missed. Sorry about that.
Image

DocMcJansen
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: Zoom Bug during Battles

Post by DocMcJansen » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:52 am

Here you go...it is not exactly before a battle, but it was the latest savegame
Attachments
EarthLegacyTaskForce_Campaign_Mission01_T097_ASE.rar
(13.88 KiB) Downloaded 32 times

AtomicKaiser
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 304
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:49 pm
Location: Montevideo, Uruguay
Contact:

Re: Zoom Bug during Battles

Post by AtomicKaiser » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:35 pm

DocMcJansen wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:52 am
Here you go...it is not exactly before a battle, but it was the latest savegame
Hey Doc. I couldn't load the save, I think it has a compression artifact. In any case I played the first mission with debugging, up until a couple of battles and I couldn't reproduce the issue in the current 06Beta version. All battles return to the starmap fine, including if they are from the start of the mission of from a loaded save. I tried the back button, ESC hotkey, etc just in case. If no one else reports the problem, I'd say when can bet it will be resolved in the 06 version next week.
Image

DocMcJansen
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: Zoom Bug during Battles

Post by DocMcJansen » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:06 am

AtomicKaiser wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:35 pm
DocMcJansen wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:52 am
Here you go...it is not exactly before a battle, but it was the latest savegame
Hey Doc. I couldn't load the save, I think it has a compression artifact. In any case I played the first mission with debugging, up until a couple of battles and I couldn't reproduce the issue in the current 06Beta version. All battles return to the starmap fine, including if they are from the start of the mission of from a loaded save. I tried the back button, ESC hotkey, etc just in case. If no one else reports the problem, I'd say when can bet it will be resolved in the 06 version next week.
I never had a problem with the zoom function when I returned from the battle to the starmap, so I do not know why you mention it. I do have a problem with the zoom function and with ships turning into weird looking points DURING the battle.

AtomicKaiser
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 304
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:49 pm
Location: Montevideo, Uruguay
Contact:

Re: Zoom Bug during Battles

Post by AtomicKaiser » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:58 pm

DocMcJansen wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:06 am
AtomicKaiser wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:35 pm
DocMcJansen wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:52 am
Here you go...it is not exactly before a battle, but it was the latest savegame
Hey Doc. I couldn't load the save, I think it has a compression artifact. In any case I played the first mission with debugging, up until a couple of battles and I couldn't reproduce the issue in the current 06Beta version. All battles return to the starmap fine, including if they are from the start of the mission of from a loaded save. I tried the back button, ESC hotkey, etc just in case. If no one else reports the problem, I'd say when can bet it will be resolved in the 06 version next week.
I never had a problem with the zoom function when I returned from the battle to the starmap, so I do not know why you mention it. I do have a problem with the zoom function and with ships turning into weird looking points DURING the battle.
OH ok, I confused the issue with another one, we had previously. Regardless I tested the zoom in the battles and it worked fine. Will do more tests however.
Image

DocMcJansen
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: Zoom Bug during Battles

Post by DocMcJansen » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:55 am

AtomicKaiser wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:58 pm
DocMcJansen wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:06 am
AtomicKaiser wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:35 pm


Hey Doc. I couldn't load the save, I think it has a compression artifact. In any case I played the first mission with debugging, up until a couple of battles and I couldn't reproduce the issue in the current 06Beta version. All battles return to the starmap fine, including if they are from the start of the mission of from a loaded save. I tried the back button, ESC hotkey, etc just in case. If no one else reports the problem, I'd say when can bet it will be resolved in the 06 version next week.
I never had a problem with the zoom function when I returned from the battle to the starmap, so I do not know why you mention it. I do have a problem with the zoom function and with ships turning into weird looking points DURING the battle.
OH ok, I confused the issue with another one, we had previously. Regardless I tested the zoom in the battles and it worked fine. Will do more tests however.
Thanks.

DocMcJansen
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: Zoom Bug during Battles

Post by DocMcJansen » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:32 am

AtomicKaiser wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:58 pm
DocMcJansen wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:06 am
AtomicKaiser wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:35 pm


Hey Doc. I couldn't load the save, I think it has a compression artifact. In any case I played the first mission with debugging, up until a couple of battles and I couldn't reproduce the issue in the current 06Beta version. All battles return to the starmap fine, including if they are from the start of the mission of from a loaded save. I tried the back button, ESC hotkey, etc just in case. If no one else reports the problem, I'd say when can bet it will be resolved in the 06 version next week.
I never had a problem with the zoom function when I returned from the battle to the starmap, so I do not know why you mention it. I do have a problem with the zoom function and with ships turning into weird looking points DURING the battle.
OH ok, I confused the issue with another one, we had previously. Regardless I tested the zoom in the battles and it worked fine. Will do more tests however.
Just tried the new 1.00.06 version. Nope. Zoom bug is still there. Absolutely nothing changed! Still can't play the game...REALLY annoying. And furthermore: now I can't see the damage numbers, after I zoomed in and out, although I ticked the box to show them.

Again: EVERY battle I can't fully zoom in, when I zoom out the ships are suddenly weird looking dots and I can't see the damagenumbers after a while. The update didn't fix anything! Well at least nothing related to that bug :(

AtomicKaiser
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 304
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:49 pm
Location: Montevideo, Uruguay
Contact:

Re: Zoom Bug during Battles

Post by AtomicKaiser » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:27 pm

DocMcJansen wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:32 am
Just tried the new 1.00.06 version. Nope. Zoom bug is still there. Absolutely nothing changed! Still can't play the game...REALLY annoying. And furthermore: now I can't see the damage numbers, after I zoomed in and out, although I ticked the box to show them.

Again: EVERY battle I can't fully zoom in, when I zoom out the ships are suddenly weird looking dots and I can't see the damagenumbers after a while. The update didn't fix anything! Well at least nothing related to that bug :(
Hey Doc. As I informed you in the Steam forums, sadly I have no idea what's wrong here. We haven't been able to reproduce it at all and no one else has reported it. A full reinstall might help, so let us know how that goes. Do you have any windows scaling or additional mouse function enabled? If it's not something in the data files, it must be something related to your specific setup.
Image

DocMcJansen
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: Zoom Bug during Battles

Post by DocMcJansen » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:53 pm

Not that I am aware of. I uploaded the video of the bug on youtube. Here's the link:

https://youtu.be/tTySiGnx_7g

JosEPhII
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 1:16 pm

Re: Zoom Bug during Battles

Post by JosEPhII » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:53 pm

As I stated on your Utube vid. It the max zoom. It goes so far out that all ships become dots that are Very hard to see. Once you start moving towards the enemy the zoom starts to get better. The real problem is the starting distance between the opposing fleets at battle start.

@AtomicKaiser,
Please move the opposing fleets closer together at Battle start. And reduce Max Zoom out. This should correct this issue.

3003201827
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:32 pm

Re: Zoom Bug during Battles

Post by 3003201827 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:41 pm

EDIT:
Probably was a one-shot. After coming back to the game, battle-zoom worked as intended.

v1.00.06
campaign

Hi,

I have a similar problem. In space battles I can zoom out, but I can't zoom back in.

Best regards,
3003201827

PS:
Looks like adding a textfile attachment is not possible...

OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 (1909)
CPU: AMD Phenom 9550 Quad-Core, 2.2GHz
RAM: 8192MB
DirectX: 12
Graphics: Radeon RX 580
Radeon Software: 20.4.1
VRAM: 8192MB
Sound: ASUS Xonar D1

Post Reply

Return to “Astra Exodus”