[Bug?] Gold, Manpower, Metal menu tab not working [newest game version!]

Moderator: Pocus

niki_belucci
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

[Bug?] Gold, Manpower, Metal menu tab not working [newest game version!]

Post by niki_belucci »

Hi all,

just learning this great game and enjoying it so far. In parallel to learning the game through "learning by doing" I`m also often checking the manual to learn what`s happening "under the hood". Now I encounter a strange display of the Gold, Manpower and Metall status tab in the "Recruit Military" menu. This is not showing logical values.

I hope I can explain what I mean with the help of pictures:

1) Inital Situation: in the recruiting menu

2) Now recruiting one unit: the seperate gold, manpower, metall tab within the recruiting menu is adjusted accordingly (now showing 125 gold, etc.)

3)Now clicking again into this province or in some of my other provinces: the seperate gold, manpower, metall tab within the recruiting tab is now showing the initial values before the recruitment with adjusted gain/diff of gold (e.g. Gold: +29 - 150 = -121, etc...) Shouldn`t it rather show me the global gold, mp, metall values AFTER one-time recruiting costs and adjusted net gain/diff (i.e.: the unit`s maintenance costs get factored into the overall calculation)

Would be really great if some of the devs could clarify. Thanks!
Last edited by niki_belucci on Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AndrewGardner
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: [Bug?] Gold, Manpower, Metal menu tab not working

Post by AndrewGardner »

Yes, this looks like a bug.
niki_belucci

Re: [Bug?] Gold, Manpower, Metal menu tab not working

Post by niki_belucci »

@AndrewGardner After some time away and your great new update I`m playing the game in a huge PBEM match. We just started and now it looks like the old bug came bug in some other way? --> Something wrong with my version?

1) Producing a unit does not deduct the ressources tab (neither globally on the top nor on the recruiting tab):

Production tab - still the 200 gold, 100 manpower and 100 metal

Global ressources tab: starting values 200 gold, 100 manpower and 100 metal

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Re: [Bug?] Gold, Manpower, Metal menu tab not working [newest game version!]

Post by Pocus »

The cost is only deduced when you actually produce the unit. For gameplay misunderstanding like this one, you'll get more attention in the main forum, as this is not a technical bug like an installation problem or a video problem.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires - Tech Support”