[MOD] Faction-Specific Armies

Moderator: Pocus

nikossaiz
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: [MOD] Faction-Specific Armies

Post by nikossaiz »

propably has nothing to do with the decision but with the conversion ratio, exported battles from empires to FoG2 and have the ratio around 50% or lower a few units may not be present at all. i dont know how the game deside which unit to exclude but i can say for sure that you can experience missing units this way.
FrenchDude
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by FrenchDude »

kronenblatt wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:17 pm
FrenchDude wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:00 pm I think I have a problem with your mod : When I use provincial units recruited via the "Recruit Local Units" decision, they do not appear when playing exported FOG 2 Battles. I tried it with Rome and the Etruscans : each time I recruited two Italian Foot provincial units via the "Recruit Local Units" decision, and each time they failed to appear on the battlefield when exporting the battle.

When playing as Rome, I tried to build an army consisting of only two Italian Foot provincial units that I recruited with the "Recruit Local Units" decision, and when I exported the battle to FOG2, no units appeared on my side and I immediatly lost the battle.

Then I tried using provincial units with the Seleucids, because they already have several formed provinces at the start of the game. I recruited a few Mesopotamian Liht cavalry before fighting the Antigonids, and it worked, they were there when I exported the battle to FOG2. However, I recruited them the usual way, through provincial recruitement, not via the "Recruit Local Units" decision.

So I don't know what is wrong exactly on my end : Is it the "Recruit Local Units" decision that is messing things up ? Or is it something else ?
I've now tried the "Recruit Local Units" decision in this mod; having recruited Anatolian Archers (prov) as Antigonos using the decision in question and shipped them down to Egypt where they participated in a FoG2 battle. And it worked as intended; they showed up in-game-FoG2.

Screen_00000130.jpg
Sorry, I'm a bit late, I've been quite busy these days, I just started my internship :D !
I think it was just a problem on my end, when I downloaded your mod I looked and played around with a few things in the file, and I must have made an error somewhere. I checked the files for a mistake, again and again, but didn't see any. So I deleted the modified version of your mod I had made, took the original, and remade the changes I tried before from scratch, more carefully this time. And now I do not seem to have any problem when exporting FOGE Italian foot to FOG2.

I hope I didn't make you lose too much time, i'll be more careful next time ! I really don't know where I messed up though, but at least it works now
I altered your mod to make it work with FOG 2 TT Mod, it seems to be working well !
Pico2014
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Pico2014 »

Can i use this mod for an ongoing campaign save (vanilla 310bc) or do i need to start a new mod campaign to get the features?

Regards
toska
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by toska »

unfortunately this mod no longer works for me:
I get an error message when accessing the stage: Script Error in Data/UI/Battlepreview.bsf: duplicate function body for function Unit:hasthismodifier. Context: FUNCTION Unknown
kronenblatt
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kronenblatt »

toska wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:03 pm unfortunately this mod no longer works for me:
I get an error message when accessing the stage: Script Error in Data/UI/Battlepreview.bsf: duplicate function body for function Unit:hasthismodifier. Context: FUNCTION Unknown
Sorry to hear about that. I don't support this specific mod any longer, having incorporated it into a number of more overhaul-like mods for FoGEv1.3.9. And shortly I may release the "Dividing the Spoils" mod, starting in 323 BCE that includes this mod as well and is (apart from some Diadochi flavour) very similar to the base game in other respects.
kronenblatt's campaign and tournament thread hub:

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108643
toska

Post by toska »

Going back to the previous version of the game works.

Return to “MOD”