Ode to Europa Barbarorum - Version 1.1 Released (Compatible only with Field of Glory: Empires Version 1.3.4)

Moderator: Pocus

Bercor
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: [MOD] Ode to Europa Barbarorum - Version 1.0 Released (Compatible with Field of Glory: Empires Version 1.3.4)

Post by Bercor »

Ups, my fault then! There has to be an intermediate folder between the SCENARIOS folder and the files.

Please create a folder named "Ode_to_Europa_Barbarorum" and paste the files in there (just like my screenshot). The problem should be solved.

I also updated the download link with the currect structure.
Bercor
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: [MOD] Ode to Europa Barbarorum - Version 1.0 Released (Compatible with Field of Glory: Empires Version 1.3.4)

Post by Bercor »

Preview of some of the new faction's banners:

As with the new unit models/textures, most banners have been adapted from Paul59's TT Mod for FoG II, full credits to him and the people who helped/provided him with the textures (see here: https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 7&t=101538).
gaius21
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by gaius21 »

will the next version be save game compatible?
nikossaiz
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by nikossaiz »

will the next version be save game compatible?
I hope not, since I am looking forward for future changes in key features , like better unit export.
gaius21
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by gaius21 »

i playtested this version a lot and i have to say that the unit conversion is kinda ok for what it is.
ok its not accurate 100% but its much better than the vanilla one.

@Berkor one thing i would like to ask is if its possible to add some extra units into the rosters like the roman pedites/equites extraordinarii (equites are already in game but you need a bulding to unlock them), pedites are introduced in the tt mod but in your version they are absent.
would also be cool if you renamed some of the succesor phalanx units to something closer to europa barbarorum 1, ie the ordinary phalanx units of the seleucids where called klerouchoi and their elite phalanx seems to have retain the argyraspides name instead of the generic agema one.
nikossaiz

Post by nikossaiz »

i playtested this version a lot and i have to say that the unit conversion is kinda ok for what it is.
ok its not accurate 100% but its much better than the vanilla one
since it is based on tt mod it is miles better than vanilla that for sure! some minor inaccurases, like galic mercenaries ( with shields and swords on empire ) recruited from the hellenic factions are exported as naked sarmatians with romfaias, or sparabara exported as eastern mass archers. i know it is the frenchdude that made the exported list based on global tt mod and you didnt change it, but i hoped for a fixing of some kind. congrats for the banners!!
TimDee58
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by TimDee58 »

Hi is it possible to get this mod from a different host please?

I was downloading for ages today and abandoned the task after taking an hour to get to just 50%.
Syracusan_Hoplite
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Syracusan_Hoplite »

Adding Syracusan Hoplite? As far as I know Syracuse was able to stand up to Carthage, they seem a bit underpowered atm idk.. Or is that role taken by the Classical Hoplite? Either way I think they maybe need a buff, but I think it'd be cool to see the Syracusan Hoplite in the game.
Bercor
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Bercor »

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the lack of replies, I took a break for a few days from modding.

Just to let you know that I have the unit conversion for FoGII with TT Mod+RiseofAI almost complete. Still need to test a bit and solve some issues and everything should be good to go. New version shouldn't take long!
gaius21 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:57 pm will the next version be save game compatible?
Well, it will almost certainly be save game compatible in the sense that it won't crash your save, but a few new features might not be working as intended.
gaius21 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:44 am @Berkor one thing i would like to ask is if its possible to add some extra units into the rosters like the roman pedites/equites extraordinarii (equites are already in game but you need a bulding to unlock them), pedites are introduced in the tt mod but in your version they are absent.
would also be cool if you renamed some of the succesor phalanx units to something closer to europa barbarorum 1, ie the ordinary phalanx units of the seleucids where called klerouchoi and their elite phalanx seems to have retain the argyraspides name instead of the generic agema one.
I'm shying away from adding new units for now as that would mean I had to balance them, and that is a time-consuming a daunting task. Eventually I would like to rebalance the unit stats across the board, but a step at a time. That also means that, until I have faction-specific units, the units' names will be used by all the factions in the respective culture, hence the generic naming that would be appropriate for all.
Syracusan_Hoplite wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:13 pm Adding Syracusan Hoplite? As far as I know Syracuse was able to stand up to Carthage, they seem a bit underpowered atm idk.. Or is that role taken by the Classical Hoplite? Either way I think they maybe need a buff, but I think it'd be cool to see the Syracusan Hoplite in the game.
In regards to adding new units, see above. As for Syracuse, it is expectable for them to have real difficulties against Carthage. However, I'm indeed planning to buff the Classical Hoplite unit so it can go head to head with other heavy units (such as the celtic heavy swordsmen, roman cohorts and liby-phoenician infantry).
TimDee58 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:22 am Hi is it possible to get this mod from a different host please?

I was downloading for ages today and abandoned the task after taking an hour to get to just 50%.
I uploaded the mod to here:https://gofile.io/d/8WIdDO

Not sure about the host quality, but maybe you'll have better luck.

Cheers!
TimDee58

Post by TimDee58 »

thanks
TimDee58

Post by TimDee58 »

that took less than a minute to download, much better :D
nikossaiz

Post by nikossaiz »

i like that the banners match with the faction colors on map ( except maybe spartans, the lamda symbol being red on white linen while their map painted red. But are spartans, those stubborn motherf can different as they like :) . can make the gameplay flow easier at a glance and is aesthetical pleasing. much appreciate the work there!
Pico2014
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Pico2014 »

Glad to hear new version is on the way! Again, outstanding work.

I support your opinion about new units and balancing issues. I even think buffing classical hoplite (legions are already nerfed arent they) could lead into some balance problems. From my point of view it seems quite reasonable/historically correct that hoplite-formations do have a very hard time fighting against legionaries. But i lack enough gameplay experience to jugdge about it. Maybe it improves gameplay overall without weakening romans too much /completely loosing historical authenticity.
I just want to point out that such changes should be taken with care.
Bercor
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Bercor »

Hi guys!

Version 1.1 has just been released.

You can find the download link, instructions and changelog in the 2nd post of the thread, as usual.

Cheers!
nikossaiz

Re: Ode to Europa Barbarorum - Version 1.1 Released (Compatible only with Field of Glory: Empires Version 1.3.4)

Post by nikossaiz »

Hello bercor,

gongrats on the newst version!
just a minor feedback, the icons from the Remote Regions Mod dont show properly. i think kronenblatt had the same issue on an earlier version ( he fixed it ).

thanks!
Bercor
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Ode to Europa Barbarorum - Version 1.1 Released (Compatible only with Field of Glory: Empires Version 1.3.4)

Post by Bercor »

nikossaiz wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:51 pm Hello bercor,

gongrats on the newst version!
just a minor feedback, the icons from the Remote Regions Mod dont show properly. i think kronenblatt had the same issue on an earlier version ( he fixed it ).

thanks!
Good catch!

To fix it, just download the "Textures" folder from this link (https://gofile.io/d/0Xzm1r), extract it and place it in Steam/steamapps/common/Field of Glory Empires/Data/UI.

Cheers
gaius21
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by gaius21 »

thank you bercor for the new version, is it possible for the next versio to make preatorian cohorts recruitable?
SuitedQueens

Post by SuitedQueens »

BTW, regarding Remote Regions mod. If you feel like penalties or distances are too unfair or hamper AI too much on lower difficulties, then you can edit Events_Plugin.BSF and MODIFIERS.CSV in the SCENARIOS folder.
Look for ///// Remote Region Modifiers ///// variables in Events_Plugin.BSF and change them to whatever you like to alter distances. Scroll down to the bottom of MODFIERS.CSV and change penalty values to what you feel more fitting. Good luck!
SuitedQueens

Post by SuitedQueens »

Graphical bug report. It's the only one I found so far. Units look normal when you export to FoG 2. BTW, they can change icons to random units like light germanic horses, etc.
Report_Graphical_Bug_1.jpg
Report_Graphical_Bug_1.jpg (154.45 KiB) Viewed 2529 times
Report_Graphical_Bug_2.jpg
Report_Graphical_Bug_2.jpg (40.87 KiB) Viewed 2528 times
Report_Graphical_Bug_3.jpg
Report_Graphical_Bug_3.jpg (495.15 KiB) Viewed 2528 times
Bercor
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Bercor »

gaius21 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:56 am thank you bercor for the new version, is it possible for the next versio to make preatorian cohorts recruitable?
The Praetorians are in the mod, however they are not recruitable and you'll only see them when there's an assault to a roman settlement with an imperial palace.

I could possibly make them recruitable and limit their recruitment zone to the Latium region, however having several legions of praetorians fighting in the Empire's borders wouldn't be historically accurate, as in reality they stayed mainly in Rome serving their function as imperial guard and did more scheming than actual figting (not to mention it could potentially make the Roman faction overpowered).
SuitedQueens wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:02 pm Graphical bug report. It's the only one I found so far. Units look normal when you export to FoG 2. BTW, they can change icons to random units like light germanic horses, etc.
Report_Graphical_Bug_1.jpg
Report_Graphical_Bug_2.jpg
Report_Graphical_Bug_3.jpg
Nicely spotted!

https://gofile.io/d/OkiQiO
Can you download the file from the link above, paste it into \Documents\My Games\FieldOfGloryEmpires\SCENARIOS\Ode_to_Europa_Barbarorum\DATA and check if the bug is fixed?

Thanks

Return to “MOD”