Mods and Update

Moderator: Pocus

FrenchDude
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Mods and Update

Post by FrenchDude » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:55 am

Hi everyone,
I’ve made my own mod by creating new units and modifying some existing ones, mainly by affecting the conversion from FOGE to FOG2. I’m playing with the Diplomacy Beta currently, and there’s this new patch that came out yesterday.

I made my own custom scenario where I copied and modified a few CSV files from the main folder. I modified the UNITS.CSV, the FACTION.CSV, and the UNITSVISUALS.CSV.
I have two questions :

1) Are the files located inside custom scenarios created by the player modified by updates ?

2) I’d like to incorporate the changes brought by the update in to my mod. Appart from the ones affecting units (Ex : Elephants gaining +2 support value), is there anything else I have to change my custom scenario folder ? For ex, in the FACTIONS.CSV or another CSV file ?
What should I do to make my mod up to date ?

loki100
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: Mods and Update

Post by loki100 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:36 pm

treat this with some caution as I'm struggling a bit.

my interpretation is if you have a version of say 'factions' in your mod folder, then any column you have retained for your own purpose will over-ride any global changes (or stop them in effect). if you've either not got your own version of one of the core sheets (as an eg factions), or didn't bring a particular column into your variant, then general changes will still happen.

now, in truth, I am absolutely sure about what happens if you have no version of a given named sheet in your mod folder, and a bit less sure about the filtering effect of a partial sheet.

FrenchDude

Re: Mods and Update

Post by FrenchDude » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:10 pm

loki100 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:36 pm
treat this with some caution as I'm struggling a bit.

my interpretation is if you have a version of say 'factions' in your mod folder, then any column you have retained for your own purpose will over-ride any global changes (or stop them in effect). if you've either not got your own version of one of the core sheets (as an eg factions), or didn't bring a particular column into your variant, then general changes will still happen.

now, in truth, I am absolutely sure about what happens if you have no version of a given named sheet in your mod folder, and a bit less sure about the filtering effect of a partial sheet.
Thank you for the answer ! I'm not a 100% sure, but so far it seems that your interpretation is right. I'm playing the Beta with the most recent changes to diplomacy while using the mod affecting units I made for mysel. I'm keeping the folders affected by the updates up to date while using my own modded folder

Return to “MOD”