Axis Operations 1941 Development Diary

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

BaronVonKrieg
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: Axis Operations 1941 Development Diary

Post by BaronVonKrieg »

Is there any possibility on customazing random heroes, i mean in a way to choose their name or change their picture, sometimes it annoys me to have a pilot in tank unit or vice versa
Tassadar
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Tassadar »

BaronVonKrieg wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:16 pm Is there any possibility on customazing random heroes, i mean in a way to choose their name or change their picture, sometimes it annoys me to have a pilot in tank unit or vice versa
+1

Allowing to shuffle portraits and possibly also import them from a specific location would be great.
WalterTFD
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by WalterTFD »

Any more hints on when this comes out?
adiekmann
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by adiekmann »

No word yet, but it's in beta testing now. My guess would be sometime in March, but I have no idea really. :|

In PC1, you could go into the game files and import your own photo and make your own hero. I haven't tried to do that in PC2, however. While they are under all kinds of copyright laws that severely limit them from using most photos (unless they want to pay and get permission ), we the end user are not under any such constraints if we do so privately. Therefore, yes, I think I actually mentioned this long ago before the vanilla game was even released. It would be cool to be able to edit and insert our own photo/image that we took from the web. There probably still is, but it would be nice if it was streamlined. Don't know if that is okay for them to do from a legal standpoint or not though.
Tassadar
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Tassadar »

adiekmann wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:11 pmDon't know if that is okay for them to do from a legal standpoint or not though.
Shouldn't be a problem at all - it's essentially the same as adding character portraits in RPG games such as Icewind Dale where I used to have all sort of silly combinations in my party, for example based on books or movies.

Return to “News & Announcements”