Panzer Corps 2 - 2021 World Championship Begins

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Edmon
Slitherine
Slitherine
Posts: 336
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:50 pm

Panzer Corps 2 - 2021 World Championship Begins

Post by Edmon » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:25 pm

The first round of the Panzer Corps 2 - World Championship has begun and we're kicking off with the first of our new to multiplayer maps. 

"Bug River" is one of the iconic maps from the original Panzer Corps 2 single player campaign, but has now been re-imagined for multiplayer. It will be the first map competitors will play in the World Championship Tournament.

Rudankort, the lead developer of Panzer Corps 2, had this to say about the new map:

"From my experience playing this map I can add that it is a small square map (19x21 hex) which at the same time offers a big variety of strategic options. Exactly a kind of a map which I personally enjoy the most."

Historically, this battle occured on the 15th of September also and was an offensive in Eastern Poland. Interestingly, it was also the 15th of September when Russia signed the agreement that freed them to invade just days later.

The map will be coming to standard multiplayer along with our next patch. It is also our intent to add an extra map for every round of the tournament and to have these maps also make their way to standard multiplayer. The roster of multiplayer maps will therefore be greatly expanded as the tournament progresses.

We wish everyone playing the best of luck.

The first round will end in 21 days from now, so be certain to complete your match before that time.

Lifever
Panzer Corps World Champion
Panzer Corps World Champion
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:35 pm

Re: Panzer Corps 2 - 2021 World Championship Begins

Post by Lifever » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:08 pm

It's good to see maps that follow the historic path of the war.
I felt that was missing from the MP lineup.
It's also good to increase the size of the maps bit by bit or even stay in smaller or medium sized scenarios which allow for faster multiplayer games.

There is still some important info missing though to really kick this tournament off:

How exactly does the scoring system work?

It would not be worthy of a strategy champion to rush into battle blindfolded and hope that his actions may fit the requirements, now would it?
That would be the definition of a lucky fool.

I personally would not move one inch until I get my priorities straight.
It's a steep time investment and players should not get encouraged to stall their turns.
Uncertainty does exactly that.

Kind regards - we will see each other soon

All the best & good luck to the competitors
Auf gut deutsch: Holt den SIEG HEIM

ElLobo
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:58 pm

Re: Panzer Corps 2 - 2021 World Championship Begins

Post by ElLobo » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:56 pm

Lifever wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:08 pm
It's good to see maps that follow the historic path of the war.
I felt that was missing from the MP lineup.
It's also good to increase the size of the maps bit by bit or even stay in smaller or medium sized scenarios which allow for faster multiplayer games.

There is still some important info missing though to really kick this tournament off:

How exactly does the scoring system work?

It would not be worthy of a strategy champion to rush into battle blindfolded and hope that his actions may fit the requirements, now would it?
That would be the definition of a lucky fool.

I personally would not move one inch until I get my priorities straight.
It's a steep time investment and players should not get encouraged to stall their turns.
Uncertainty does exactly that.

Kind regards - we will see each other soon

All the best & good luck to the competitors
Auf gut deutsch: Holt den SIEG HEIM
Hello there,

I just started the map, and i read the pointing system:

20 points for each victory hex every turn
and when beating the units, the points that the unit is worth in the core slot, will be added ,...so not the price, only the slot "place" it takes! for example: a recon plane will be "1" point,...

I hope i understood that correct?

would be nice to know what happens when you finish the map earlier, by conquering all objectives?

Kind regads and also good luck

bendtheknee
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:56 pm

Re: Panzer Corps 2 - 2021 World Championship Begins

Post by bendtheknee » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:42 pm

by experience on the last tournaments, the points count is finished and by finishing before the 20 rounds, you lose points...

ElLobo
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:58 pm

Re: Panzer Corps 2 - 2021 World Championship Begins

Post by ElLobo » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:14 pm

bendtheknee wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:42 pm
by experience on the last tournaments, the points count is finished and by finishing before the 20 rounds, you lose points...
Thanks for remind me this!!!

Would be nice if they tell us this in a oficial way too!!

bendtheknee
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:56 pm

Re: Panzer Corps 2 - 2021 World Championship Begins

Post by bendtheknee » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:55 am

And what about people who stop playing once the battle turns to their disadvantage or who only play the defense side?
There are flaws in your scoring system, yet it seems to me that you are going to take into account all the remarks linked to previous tournaments ... and I do not see any communication from you on this subject.

urbanov4
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:19 pm

Re: Panzer Corps 2 - 2021 World Championship Begins

Post by urbanov4 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:50 am

It was written at the torunament's announcement, it will be swiss system. I hope so, points are counted only between players, and the winner will get 1 point....but I fear it won't.....

ElLobo
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:58 pm

Re: Panzer Corps 2 - 2021 World Championship Begins

Post by ElLobo » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:31 pm

I already have the most annoying problem, the opponent is not playing,...well, with 21 days i think there is still time,.. but it´s not nice!!! and i´m sure a lot enlisted one will not appear for playing...

when you sign up, please play or give up correctly, or do not sign in!! to disappear, is very annoying!!!

karste70
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon May 31, 2021 12:21 pm

Re: Panzer Corps 2 - 2021 World Championship Begins

Post by karste70 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:13 pm

Habe das selbe Problem,
sehr auf gestern gefreut und ,,,,

nix!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!!!!

adiekmann
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
Posts: 821
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:47 am

Re: Panzer Corps 2 - 2021 World Championship Begins

Post by adiekmann » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:14 pm

Give it some time first, people, as not everyone checks this forum daily and the Tournament was announced so long ago that it would be easy to forget. Now, after a week or so and your opponent still hasn't done anything, well then, I'd start getting pissed off too...

ElLobo
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:58 pm

Re: Panzer Corps 2 - 2021 World Championship Begins

Post by ElLobo » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:50 pm

adiekmann wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:14 pm
Give it some time first, people, as not everyone checks this forum daily and the Tournament was announced so long ago that it would be easy to forget. Now, after a week or so and your opponent still hasn't done anything, well then, I'd start getting pissed off too...
...you´re right, but the people that are intresseted in, have been looking forward to this!!! well in the end it´s only a game!!!

adiekmann
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
Posts: 821
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:47 am

Re: Panzer Corps 2 - 2021 World Championship Begins

Post by adiekmann » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:02 pm

ElLobo wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:50 pm
adiekmann wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:14 pm
Give it some time first, people, as not everyone checks this forum daily and the Tournament was announced so long ago that it would be easy to forget. Now, after a week or so and your opponent still hasn't done anything, well then, I'd start getting pissed off too...
...you´re right, but the people that are intresseted in, have been looking forward to this!!! well in the end it´s only a game!!!
I am more disappointed in the fact that the patch hasn't been released yet. It's been over 2 months since the AO42 and 1.02.0 was released. I was in the middle of a new play through and stuck at Eben-Emael when I realized what everyone has been complaining about...

SiberianStorm
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:41 pm

Re: Panzer Corps 2 - 2021 World Championship Begins

Post by SiberianStorm » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:50 pm

bendtheknee wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:42 pm
by experience on the last tournaments, the points count is finished and by finishing before the 20 rounds, you lose points...
This is unfortunately correct. :!:
I won in round 8 while my opponent took the last objective in the round 15.
Scoreboard shows he was awarded more points.

No harm in that, battles were fun and this is a game.
However for the sake sportsmanship and in the spirit of tournament this should be corrected.

It should not be too hard to do, simply add the pointspervictoryhex x numberofvictoryhexes x numberofremainingturns to the score of the winner.
Since there seems to be an automated way of tracking our scores, writing such a rule should not be too much work.
Let’s see if there will be a response or action on this

Kudos to everyone involved for making this event happen
12 new MP maps is a game changer :D
Looking forward to meeting more of you in the field
Have fun guys and girls

eskuche
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:32 am

Re: Panzer Corps 2 - 2021 World Championship Begins

Post by eskuche » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:37 am

adiekmann wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:02 pm
I am more disappointed in the fact that the patch hasn't been released yet. It's been over 2 months since the AO42 and 1.02.0 was released. I was in the middle of a new play through and stuck at Eben-Emael when I realized what everyone has been complaining about...
+1

bendtheknee
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:56 pm

Re: Panzer Corps 2 - 2021 World Championship Begins

Post by bendtheknee » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:34 am

SiberianStorm wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:50 pm
bendtheknee wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:42 pm
by experience on the last tournaments, the points count is finished and by finishing before the 20 rounds, you lose points...

It should not be too hard to do, simply add the pointspervictoryhex x numberofvictoryhexes x numberofremainingturns to the score of the winner.
Since there seems to be an automated way of tracking our scores, writing such a rule should not be too much work.
Let’s see if there will be a response or action on this
this is precisely because the solution is simple that it is even more frustrating to see this flaw repeat itself, we can also imagine a timer as in chess to solve the problem of people who do not play.
but the most frustrating is still the total lack of communication from the tournament organizers about the different feedback from tournament players

ElLobo
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:58 pm

Re: Panzer Corps 2 - 2021 World Championship Begins

Post by ElLobo » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:27 am

bendtheknee wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:34 am
SiberianStorm wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:50 pm
bendtheknee wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:42 pm
by experience on the last tournaments, the points count is finished and by finishing before the 20 rounds, you lose points...

It should not be too hard to do, simply add the pointspervictoryhex x numberofvictoryhexes x numberofremainingturns to the score of the winner.
Since there seems to be an automated way of tracking our scores, writing such a rule should not be too much work.
Let’s see if there will be a response or action on this
this is precisely because the solution is simple that it is even more frustrating to see this flaw repeat itself, we can also imagine a timer as in chess to solve the problem of people who do not play.
but the most frustrating is still the total lack of communication from the tournament organizers about the different feedback from tournament players
I agree in all points!!!

Folklore
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:18 am

Re: Panzer Corps 2 - 2021 World Championship Begins

Post by Folklore » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:24 pm

SiberianStorm wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:50 pm
bendtheknee wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:42 pm
by experience on the last tournaments, the points count is finished and by finishing before the 20 rounds, you lose points...
This is unfortunately correct. :!:
I won in round 8 while my opponent took the last objective in the round 15.
Scoreboard shows he was awarded more points.
Are you talking about the current tournament?

Haze0008
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: Panzer Corps 2 - 2021 World Championship Begins

Post by Haze0008 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:55 pm

Z
Last edited by Haze0008 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Haze0008
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: Panzer Corps 2 - 2021 World Championship Begins

Post by Haze0008 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:04 pm

Z
Last edited by Haze0008 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Owi
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:06 pm

Re: Panzer Corps 2 - 2021 World Championship Begins

Post by Owi » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:04 pm

still waiting for my opponent
...
anoying :roll:

Post Reply

Return to “News & Announcements”