At the start of the campaign, you lead US forces in Operation Torch, which marks the beginning of US involvement in the fighting in North Africa. After the first battle against Vichy-French units, you’ll need to prevail against veteran Axis forces in Tunisia.
Afterward, the campaign shifts focus to the British Eighth Army’s advance into southern Tunisia. Following a successful breakthrough at the Mareth Line, the British push north: they aim to form a continuous front with the Allied forces which participated in Operation Torch, and advance into Tunisia from the west.
In spring 1943, you will take command of both the US and British forces in a combined offensive to retake Tunis, and will put an end to the Axis presence in North Africa for good.
The last stage of Allies Resurgent features the return of Allied ground forces to Europe, beginning with the amphibious invasion of Sicily. Finally, you’ll have to invade mainland Italy at Salerno, defeat German defenses at the Volturno Line, and ultimately take back Rome.
Allies Resurgent also adds 2 new specializations, 5 new Allied commanders, 12 scenarios, and 11 new units for both Allied and Axis countries:
- Re 2002, Italian fighter-bomber
- PZW 42, rocket launcher on Halftrack
- DD Bourrasque, French destroyer
- DD L'Adroit, French destroyer
- C15 TA, Canadian armored truck
- L4 Grasshopper, US recon plane
- M3 ScoutCar, US armored car, recon
- T28E CGMC, US anti-air unit on halftrack
- T30 HMC, US artillery on halftrack
- A36 Apache, US ground attack version of P-51 fighter
- Lancaster, heavy British strategic bomber
You can now enjoy the brand new “Allies” Bundle, which contains both the Allies Defiance and Allies Resurgent DLCs, at 20% off. Stay tuned, because there will be a new tournament starting in the next few days with Allies Resurgent-themed levels.