Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Edmon
Slitherine
Slitherine

Order Of Battle - Allies Resurgent is out on PS4 and Xbox One

Post by Edmon »

Order Of Battle - Allies Resurgent is out on PS4 and Xbox One

Allies Resurgent, the second chapter in the trilogy of DLCs featuring World War II from the Allied perspective, is now available on Play Station 4 and Xbox One. The campaign depicts battles in North Africa, the Mediterranean, and finally in Europe from late 1942 to early 1944.

At the start of the campaign, you lead US forces in Operation Torch, which marks the beginning of US involvement in the fighting in North Africa. After the first battle against Vichy-French units, you’ll need to prevail against veteran Axis forces in Tunisia.

Afterward, the campaign shifts focus to the British Eighth Army’s advance into southern Tunisia. Following a successful breakthrough at the Mareth Line, the British push north: they aim to form a continuous front with the Allied forces which participated in Operation Torch, and advance into Tunisia from the west.

In spring 1943, you will take command of both the US and British forces in a combined offensive to retake Tunis and put an end to the Axis presence in North Africa for good.

The last stage of Allies Resurgent features the return of Allied ground forces to Europe, beginning with the amphibious invasion of Sicily. Finally, you’ll have to invade mainland Italy at Salerno, defeat German defenses at the Volturno Line, and ultimately take back Rome.
malic
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Order Of Battle - Allies Resurgent is out on PS4 and Xbox One

Post by malic »

So where can I purchase this game for the Xbox?
johnrey
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by johnrey »

Sorry can't find category to post this message. When I delete games on my PC OOB loads them all back in when I start a new game. Is there a way to block deleted games from being reloaded?
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 »

Steam version?
Another player mentioned elsewhere on the forum that there was a setting in your Steam account/profile that was responsible for this (stupid...) behaviour.
Obviously the default is 'don't listen to the player, let us override his actions'...
jeffoot77
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by jeffoot77 »

Johnrey, u are talking about savegames?
if yes, you jus thave to delete the savegame folder in Documents/mygame/order of battle/
my custom mini-campaign in order of battle :
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=374&t=79333&p=676302#p676302

Panzer corps mods archive : http://jeffoot.freeboxos.fr:41226/share/KmCyju7JFZX6dD2B/
jeffoot77

Post by jeffoot77 »

and for an IPAD version ?
my custom mini-campaign in order of battle :
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=374&t=79333&p=676302#p676302

Panzer corps mods archive : http://jeffoot.freeboxos.fr:41226/share/KmCyju7JFZX6dD2B/
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Erik2 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:24 pm Steam version?
Another player mentioned elsewhere on the forum that there was a setting in your Steam account/profile that was responsible for this (stupid...) behaviour.
Obviously the default is 'don't listen to the player, let us override his actions'...
Steam is trying to restore your save games in case you'd lost them accidentally or you'd changed computers. This is generally a good thing :)

To remove files permanently, either delete them from the in-game menu or delete the files from the directory whilst the game is running. Steam will then see that these files were removed during gameplay and understand that it was an intentional deletion.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

:OK, so not that stupid then :D
Thanks for the tip (I used to clean up the savegame folder after I quit the game...).
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

The "one neat trick" is to do file management whilst the launcher is open. Steam still views that as the game "running".

Return to “News & Announcements”