Any new game this (apart from the 2 upcoming games)?

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

anguille
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Any new game this (apart from the 2 upcoming games)?

Post by anguille »

Any news or when can we expect something new?

Thanks
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

We do have some exciting stuff coming but have a few things to get in place before we announce.
captkiwi
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: Any new game this (apart from the 2 upcoming games)?

Post by captkiwi »

I see the list of Slitherine/Matrix games almost include everything from ancient Greeks to WWII. I'm wondering why there are no games on the American Civil War? I know most of the American players on this site say it was too one-sided, favouring the North, and it would be a waste of time developing. In my humble opinion you can almost say that about most games featuring the German invasion of Russia. The Germans start out strong but in the end the Russians overcome and can usually defeat the Germans all the way to Berlin. I live in the southern hemisphere and there are virtually no games on the ACW. After reading the AAR on CEAW, I see there are skilled players that can defeat the Russian bear and I'm sure there will be skilled players that would be able to defeat the North and take Washington. My hope is, give us a chance to try. Thank you for taking the time to read this... :D
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Any new game this (apart from the 2 upcoming games)?

Post by IainMcNeil »

We do have a few game on the ACW on the Matrix site but nothing recent. Its not entirely in our control as the developers do what they are interested in and what they think will sell. We have noticed a gap and tried to encourage developers to fill it but it takes 1-2 years from that time for anything to be seen by you guys because of the long development cycle.

Return to “News & Announcements”