Looking For Allied Commanders to invade Panzer Corps!

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Philkian
Slitherine
Slitherine

Looking For Allied Commanders to invade Panzer Corps!

Post by Philkian »

The Panzer Corps series still has a few strings to its bow. After the recent announcement of the massive Mega Pack and the long anticipated iPad version,
Slitherine (http://www.slitherine.com), Flashback Games Studio and the Lordz Games Studio (http://www.thelordzgamesstudio.com) are proud to announce the upcoming release of Panzer Corps: Allied Corps.

This new stand-alone title in the Panzer Corps series put the player in charge of the Western Allies. It starts in the Western Desert with British and Italian forces fighting in 1940 before Operation Compass. It will move from North Africa, Crete, Italy to North West Europe and into Germany.

We are now recruiting Beta testers for this game! You can sign up here.

For this exciting title many features have been introduced: tons of new units, artillery, anti-tanks, new Medals and Heroes (e.g. The Victoria Cross and the Medal of Honor), Seventy Allied hero portraits, new campaign artwork, map images for all scenarios, new difficulty icons (5 Allied military ranks), a new UI theme for the Western Allies and much more!

“Since day 1 we’ve had so many requests to be able to play as the Allies and we’re happy to say you finally can” said Iain McNeil, Director of Development of the Slitherine Group “We wanted to let players experience the game in a great new way and we think this is the right time to offer this game opportunity. Allied Corps has the same great gameplay, but with Shermans instead of Tigers”.

Get more information about Panzer Corps: Allied Corps on its official product page.
Anfield
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: Looking For Allied Commanders to invade Panzer Corps!

Post by Anfield »

Great news, however very sad its not going to be a DLC, 25 battle isnt enough!!!

:cry:
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa »

Allied Corps includes more than 25 new scenarios
We are still working on a final list, could be around 25-35 in SP and a bunch of new cool MP on top, be sure there will be more than enough to play around with...
FOARP
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by FOARP »

Excellent news! Here's a wish-list:
  • You've already said this will cover the whole war from the Allied perspective, but I really hope this means not just from 1942 onwards, but also campaigns like those in East Africa (e.g., the Battle of Keren, Syria, and Madagascar). Some games (Panzer General II, for example) are over-whelmingly US-centric, I hope this game isn't.
  • I hope you guys are up for fully exploring the what-ifs available in an Allied campaign (e.g., liberate Poland from the Soviets, invade Spain and topple Franco and so-forth)
  • Arika Corps was a great product, but players weren't really motivated to develop their Italian units - buying German was always a better investment. We've already heard something about balancing units available to each coutnry so as to make at least some of the units of the US/British Empire desirable, but I hope there is a separate core-unit counter for each country, as well as including the free Poles/French/Dutch/etc. Otherwise, I strongly suspect that US players will just play with US units and British players with British ones.
butcher5012
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by butcher5012 »

This is simply awesome! I've been waiting for an allied version especially a Russian Campaign, looking forward to possibly beta test.
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa »

Allied Corps focus is on the Western Front, for the East... no comment. :-)
boredatwork

Post by boredatwork »

So...

"Allied Corps has the same great gameplay, but with Shermans instead of Tigers"

If I'm reading the announcement right it's just going to be the same game but with Allied Scenarios instead of German ones?

I'd be lying if I said I was anything but disappointed.

I was hoping to hear "Allied Corps incorporates improvements to the economic and combat mechanic systems so gameplay has greatly improved over that in PzC while still remaining true to the original spirit of PG/PzC that fun should triumph over absolute realism."

I would volunteer to Beta test but if and only if certain fundamental aspects of the game were open for discussion (prestige system!) - if it's just a glorified map pack like AK then most of my feedback would be wasted.
deadtorius
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by deadtorius »

give them a chance, its only just been announced. I am interested myself.
airbornemongo101
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by airbornemongo101 »

deadtorius wrote:give them a chance, its only just been announced. I am interested myself.
+1000
....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain.......and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Always remember, Never Forget:

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
Fedem
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by Fedem »

What about starting from 1939 so you could also play the Poles and the French with the BEF?

Cheers!
soldier
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by soldier »

"Allied Corps has the same great gameplay, but with Shermans instead of Tigers"
That won't be so tough as the 76mm is already better than the 88mm, and then there's "super comet" :roll:
boredatwork

Post by boredatwork »

deadtorius wrote:give them a chance, its only just been announced. I am interested myself.
Why would I not enquire as to the scope and ambition of the project BEFORE volunteering to Beta test? :roll:

I was in the original vanilla Beta since day 1. I felt like my feedback helped improve the mechanics (if nothing else our constant nagging got recon movement fixed :P ) and the visual presentation.

On the other hand I felt like the pages of feedback regarding the actual vanilla campaign were largely wasted effort. The developers had already begun production on final content and any feedback regarding the suitability, or otherwise, of their chosen balance mechanics, as well as the scale and scope of the campaign, largely fell upon deaf ears.

If the developers are interested in investigating changes to the mechanics that would actually prevent the rich getting richer, as well as changes to mechanics to allow the AI to fight without requiring hordes of dumb units then yes, sign me up for Beta.

If on the other hand the intent of AC beta is simply to decide whether to award 1000 prestige or 1500 prestige for a decisive victory for scenario X then count me out.
Anfield

Post by Anfield »

lordzimoa wrote:
Allied Corps includes more than 25 new scenarios
We are still working on a final list, could be around 25-35 in SP and a bunch of new cool MP on top, be sure there will be more than enough to play around with...
Oh dont get me wrong, very excited about it!! Just wanted to see it as a DLC and not one stand alone game, im greedy lol

:D
nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by nikivdd »

I signed up. I remember having so much fun with Allied General in which the British campaign also took off in North Africa. I think we will have to learn a few new tactics to counter those superior German panzers :)
Dragoon.
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Dragoon. »

Great news! I'm eager to play but also such an enthusiast about Panzer Corps that I will pass on signing up for the beta. I do not want to spoil for me the experience of the full game.
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

boredatwork wrote: Why would I not enquire as to the scope and ambition of the project BEFORE volunteering to Beta test? :roll:
Let's put it this way. Allied Corps will not be Panzer Corps 2, it will be an evolutionary update. PzC, AK and the new Allied will certainly have a lot in common, and will share common Multiplayer. This naturally limits our creativity in changing gameplay mechanics. We DO plan to tweak some gameplay mechanics, and WILL try to fix some problems in PzC gameplay. In particular, I plan to look at experience mechanics and prestige mechanics. But please don't expect miracles. :)
deducter

Post by deducter »

Rudankort wrote: Let's put it this way. Allied Corps will not be Panzer Corps 2, it will be an evolutionary update. PzC, AK and the new Allied will certainly have a lot in common, and will share common Multiplayer. This naturally limits our creativity in changing gameplay mechanics. We DO plan to tweak some gameplay mechanics, and WILL try to fix some problems in PzC gameplay. In particular, I plan to look at experience mechanics and prestige mechanics. But please don't expect miracles. :)
I've just been thinking about these, and I plan on making a post regarding this issue soon...
Longasc
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Longasc »

This is absolutely great news!

After reading the thread I see the focus is on the Western Allies. I am looking forward to some Western European scenarios, wonder if there will be Africa scenarios and hope a future DLC or standalone Russian campaign will be better than the race-the-clock / fight Stavka missions of Allied General. Because Allied General was really <3 in the first scenarios, but after D-Day things got worse, too easy, and the Russian scenarios got boring shortly after they got onto the offensive and mostly fought rather time than a beaten Wehrmacht.

Nice idea to set the release date to D-Day (June 6th). I hope there will be a proper D-Day scenario where the Germans don't park units at the beaches to prevent any disembarkment! ;)

Absolutely great news, I am very excited and glad I am finally finished the final scenario of Afrika Korps. Yeah, I needed quite a while, sorry. :)
nikivdd

Post by nikivdd »

Rudankort wrote:
Let's put it this way. Allied Corps will not be Panzer Corps 2, it will be an evolutionary update. PzC, AK and the new Allied will certainly have a lot in common, and will share common Multiplayer. This naturally limits our creativity in changing gameplay mechanics. We DO plan to tweak some gameplay mechanics, and WILL try to fix some problems in PzC gameplay. In particular, I plan to look at experience mechanics and prestige mechanics. But please don't expect miracles. :)
I'm looking forward to it. Perhaps there might be room for another kind of prestige trigger in the scenario editor...
Set Prestige [event] of [side] to [number] (event can be zone trigger, time trigger, weather trigger, a specific unit...). Or more frankly, an option in the scenario editor to reset the player's prestige to 0 after the deployment phase. So, i'm not refering to the add prestige trigger which is already there.
boredatwork

Post by boredatwork »

Rudankort wrote:Let's put it this way. Allied Corps will not be Panzer Corps 2...

But please don't expect miracles. :)
Fair enough - better to know now before spending hours arguing for the ideal solution only to discover I have no chance of getting you to implement it. :P

Personal preference - if you're using the AG campaign as your inspiration in the same way PG inspired the PzC vanilla campaign, I would prefer a) it be no smaller than AG and b) rather than the US and British campaigns being separate but fought over 90% of the same scenarios, with the other nation being represented as auxiliaries, instead make it a single campaign with separate US and British core slots, and deployment zones to save having to balance/play two separate but nearly identical campaigns.

Return to “News & Announcements”