Moderator: Slitherine Core

bssybeep
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Anniversary Coupons

Post by bssybeep »

bssybeep wrote:
VPaulus wrote:
bssybeep wrote:fyi, I received my coupon for 2016 on 1/27/2016. For 2017, I have not yet received a coupon. I was wondering when the coupon will be sent out? thanks.
The coupons are sent automatically. Please check your spam folder.
Could you please resend the coupon. For some reason I can't locate it in the spam or intray.

thanks
I wonder if a better way is to place the coupon in our member account to avoid these email issues.
JosephM
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by JosephM »

Sorry all, but if you have not received the coupon then you need to contact us within 30 days of the anniversary date, as outside of this time we cannot resend the coupons. For example Turn4441 we can see that the coupon link token on the email was generated on the 13th of September and an email was sent along with this.

We can't place coupons in the account, and this is set up so that a coupon is only added after the link in the email is clicked, but the email links expire within 30 days. This is the way that this was setup, partially as not doing it with an email link would lead to thousands of coupons being automatically generated on inactive accounts therefore increasing the load on us to constantly generate new coupons. We have no plans to amend this at this stage, and now this process has been live for longer than a year we feel that this is working well for the majority of users.
turn4441
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by turn4441 »

Mr. Miller:

Thanks for the explanation. I can accept that. Unfortunately, I waited to contact support because my account said my anniversary date was 09-12-2013. You tend to use a date format of Day-Month-Year (which you can see in the dates of forum posts) instead of the Month-Day-Year I typically use. When I didn't receiver a coupon after September 12, I thought my anniversary must then actually be December 9 so I decided to wait until after that to make sure I wasn't getting one before I bothered you. Had either of the numbers on my account anniversary been above 12 (or the month spelled out), I would have contacted support earlier.

As I mentioned earlier, there aren't any games I'm currently that interested in anyway, but there probably will be by next September, so I'll wait patiently. Anyway, thanks again for your more complete explanation. I hope this has also helped others who may have been in a similar situation. At least now they'll know not to dawdle in contacting support and, if their month and day are both small numbers, which one is which.
spacecece
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by spacecece »

But it says no coupon has been issued? :shock:

removed and banned
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

spacecece wrote:But it says no coupon has been issued? :shock:
Probably you are not following the right procedure. You have to login in your SSL account and then click on THIS LINK in the email we have sent to you for redeeming the coupon.
turn4441

Post by turn4441 »

I wanted to say thanks as I did get my coupon this year despite making no changes from when I didn't get one last year. I'm sure glad you sent an e-mail as I'd pretty much forgotten it was due in September and probably would have missed it if I'd have had to remember to look for it in my account. Anyway, thanks again. :D

Don't suppose Command: Shifting Sands will be out by the time my coupon expires in mid-October?
turn4441

Post by turn4441 »

Dang! It looks like I'll miss being able to use my coupon on Shifting Sands by about 5 days. Bummer.
Solaristics
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Solaristics »

It is possible to use the coupon code more than once during its 30-day validity period? (There is something I want to buy now but I'm holding off because I'm considering buying something else as well.)
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Solaristics wrote:It is possible to use the coupon code more than once during its 30-day validity period? (There is something I want to buy now but I'm holding off because I'm considering buying something else as well.)
I'm afraid not. The coupon can only be used once.
FluffyFoxy
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by FluffyFoxy »

Hey guys,

I'm a bit concerned about my Anniversary Coupon. My registration date is December 24th and last year I received my coupon on the 25th. But this year there is no coupon yet although it is already the 27th :( Any idea if delays like this are normal or if I should send a mail to Slitherine?

Cheers,
Christian
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Check your spam folder. All the emails are sent automatically.
You can contact us at support[at]slitherine.co.uk.
FluffyFoxy

Post by FluffyFoxy »

Thanks for the quick reply. Alas, there is nothing in the spam folder. I also checked for the coupon on my account page. No luck there either. So I guess I'd better send an email to the support email. Thanks again, VPaulus.
FluffyFoxy

Post by FluffyFoxy »

It turns out that the mail with the coupon ended up in a different mail folder (not the spam one though). But I have found it and now I'm happy :) So thanks again for the help.
Jarcore
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Jarcore »

hi, today I've recieved anniversary coupon (my first annyversary), but the discount is only 5%. Anything has changed?
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Jarcore wrote:hi, today I've recieved anniversary coupon (my first annyversary), but the discount is only 5%. Anything has changed?
The value of the coupon increases as the years go by.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
klimbo12

Post by klimbo12 »

How it Works section gives the answer to that question

Post by Bluefin »

Thank you so much for the anniversary coupon! However, when I enter the coupon number, it comes up as "not found". Anybody else have this issue?

If it matters, was trying to purchase Warhammer 40K: Gladius - Relics of War Deluxe Edition (also tried it without the bundle to no avail).

Thank you
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Make sure that you are typing the full coupon code, including dashes and percentage value.
Bluefin

Post by Bluefin »

Okay, thank you!
mbpopolano24
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by mbpopolano24 »

I don't think I ever got mine, and I checked the spam folder.... sad face....

Return to “News & Announcements”