Order of Battle: Blitzkrieg is OUT!

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Order of Battle: Blitzkrieg is OUT!

Post by AlbertoC »

Blitzkrieg, the latest expansion for Order of Battle: World War II, is out now on PC, Steam and Mac!

It brings Order of Battle to the main European theater, and for the first time in the whole series you’ll be in command of the fearsome German armed forces.

Covering the first two years and a half of World War II, you’ll first test your mettle against Poland in the September of 1939, then it’ll be Denmark and Norway, followed by an invasion through Belgium and to the heart of France. After a brief detour to the Balkans and Greece, it’ll then be the turn of launching the biggest invasion of history against Soviet Union…

We wanted to take on the European theater with a bang: adding over two hundred new units and several new core armies, Blitzkrieg is a massive expansion. The Artistocrats studio worked hard to feature the blitzkrieg strategies properly in this campaign. Play through 12 accurately balanced and detailed scenarios and test your strategic ability against a greatly enhanced AI. Only brilliant and organized commanders will prevail!

Blitzkrieg is accompanied by a patch to the base game, and it introduces two main features: the Specialization System and the Import Tool.

Now you’ll be able to win points by winning missions and completing secondary objectives, points you can spend in a specialization tree in order to customize your army and unlocking new unit types. And the best news is that every single campaign now has a specialization tree, even those which previously didn’t, like Winter War!

With the new Import Tool, you’ll be able to carry over your core army from one campaign to the next. Right now it’s only possible with the Boot camp linked with the American campaign, and the two japanese campaigns Morning Sun and Rising Sun. We are obviously looking forward to link Blitzkrieg with future German campaigns.

Those two main features come with a ton of fixes and balance changes. You can read the full changelog here.

What are you waiting for then? The tanks’ engines are roaring – get Blitzkrieg now!
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Re: Order of Battle: Blitzkrieg is OUT!

Post by calmhatchery »

coool!!!
SimTheSor
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by SimTheSor »

Got it immediately :D !
Jackola
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Jackola »

I can't get past the start screen on Steam version. I've tried opening using exe file, and running as administrator.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Jackola wrote:I can't get past the start screen on Steam version. I've tried opening using exe file, and running as administrator.
Delete the Settings folder that can be found in the Windows documents folder at:
...\Documents\My Games\Order of Battle - WW2
Run the game and check if the issue persists.
Jackola

Post by Jackola »

That worked. Thanks.
VKing23
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by VKing23 »

I have to report a possible bug. Started a new game/US Campaign and the game freezes on Turn 12 at Pearl Harbour when the US Fleet AI should take it's turn. AI keeps thinking forever, even when the bar is completely full the game does not continue.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

VKing23 wrote:I have to report a possible bug. Started a new game/US Campaign and the game freezes on Turn 12 at Pearl Harbour when the US Fleet AI should take it's turn. AI keeps thinking forever, even when the bar is completely full the game does not continue.
Please open a thread on tech support forum and add attach your "output_log.txt" and your save files:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=372
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Hi,

We have a fix for that US campaign issue and will release a patch soon
adherbal
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by adherbal »

For the Pearl Harbor AI freezing issue, as well as a fix for Midway not loading (and possibly some other older scenarios) please try this hotfix installer:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r2fjsng4tal3z ... x.zip?dl=0

If correctly applied, it should read v2.9.6e at the bottom of the main menu.
Andy2012
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Andy2012 »

Don't want to be an obnoxious dick, but that does sound familiar. Very familiar. :roll:

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 72&t=67658

Guess I'll scan the forums for the next few days before buying.
adherbal
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by adherbal »

Don't want to be an obnoxious dick, but that does sound familiar. Very familiar.
And yet it is a different bug :roll:

Yours:

Code: Select all

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at AITasks.GoToHex.PrepareLongDistanceMove ...
The new one:

at Pathfinding.GetMoveTowardsTarget ...
We are contantly adding significant new features and improvements to the game which requires lots of (complex) code changes. In an ideal world we'd be able to retest every single previous scenario several times, but in practice that's not feasible. So things are bound to slip through every now and then, all we can do is try to provide a fix as quickly as possible!
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

good. I understand the mechanics and the many possibilities..so we are witing for repeair... This game is gonna to be one of the best game in strategy turn...so we support you ...:)
bru888

Post by bru888 »

adherbal wrote:For the Pearl Harbor AI freezing issue, as well as a fix for Midway not loading (and possibly some other older scenarios) please try this hotfix installer:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r2fjsng4tal3z ... x.zip?dl=0

If correctly applied, it should read v2.9.6e at the bottom of the main menu.
I tried to recreate the Pearl Harbor problem "on the fly" but was not successful, trying to rush it to turn 12. However, using a cheat code, I was able to get up to Midway and sure enough, it would not load. So thanks for the hotfix, for sure.
- Bru
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

adherbal wrote:
Don't want to be an obnoxious dick, but that does sound familiar. Very familiar.
And yet it is a different bug :roll:

Yours:

at AITasks.GoToHex.PrepareLongDistanceMove ...
The new one:

at Pathfinding.GetMoveTowardsTarget ...
We are contantly adding significant new features and improvements to the game which requires lots of (complex) code changes. In an ideal world we'd be able to retest every single previous scenario several times, but in practice that's not feasible. So things are bound to slip through every now and then, all we can do is try to provide a fix as quickly as possible!
That's comforting. :D
I am quite aware this is a complex job and you guys are doing your best. However, it still seems the smart choice for me to wait til you evened out the kinks.
Good job, though.
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

Hello Slitherine. Thank you so much for the coupon reward but I have a some problem to buy "Blitzkrieg" with the coupon.
When I try to pay by paypal there is some problems please help me...
your sincerelly Peter
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AlbertoC »

calmhatchery wrote:Hello Slitherine. Thank you so much for the coupon reward but I have a some problem to buy "Blitzkrieg" with the coupon.
When I try to pay by paypal there is some problems please help me...
your sincerelly Peter
Hello calmhatchery,
sorry you're having trouble.

Could you send an e-mail to support@slitherine.co.uk explaining the issue you're facing please?
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

yes of course
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

Thanks for the new Add-On, bought it yesterday via Steam! :D
ptje63
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by ptje63 »

As a die hard fan of Panzer General and Panzer Corps I must admit I am not familiar with the game/playstype of Order of Battle. I have seen the trailer, but it does not provide enough information for me to get an idea of how the game will be. Is it possible to play 2 or 3 turns in a scenario?
Is it correct the campaign only has the following scenarios?
Mlawa
Warsaw
Norway
Belgium
Fall Rot
Dunkirk
Yugoslavia
Greece
Minsk
Smolensk
Kiev
Moscow