The Spring Clash Tournament is over - it's time for PAYBACK!

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: The Spring Clash Tournament is over - it's time for PAYB

Post by Shards »

Capote wrote:
Shards wrote:I don't suppose either of you took a screenshot of the last turn?
No, sorry Shards. HJB lost this game because Vp was -18 in this 21st day.
Ahh! Took a few too many losses then!

Yeah, as the Axis, you can't go giving away your high strength tank units in the early game
Capote
Tournament Champion
Tournament Champion

Post by Capote »

Shards wrote:
Capote wrote:
Shards wrote:I don't suppose either of you took a screenshot of the last turn?
No, sorry Shards. HJB lost this game because Vp was -18 in this 21st day.
Ahh! Took a few too many losses then!

Yeah, as the Axis, you can't go giving away your high strength tank units in the early game
I'm sorry, Axis Vp was less of 18, not -18 :)
Edit: My score is bad calculated in the overall score table. Now is 45 when it should be 58 (34 + 24).
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

ahh, I understand on the score now, didn't realise you were quite so far into the game!

Day by Day Victory thresholds:
Bulge Scores.jpg
Bulge Scores.jpg (89.39 KiB) Viewed 149863 times
I'll investigate what's happening with your scores Capote

Thanks
Gerifonte
Tournament Champion
Tournament Champion

Post by Gerifonte »

Apparently all are wrong i think . For example :

COLHoneyBadger 32* 39 59*

Should not be 71 instead of 59 ?
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Gerifonte wrote:Apparently all are wrong i think . For example :

COLHoneyBadger 32* 39 59*

Should not be 71 instead of 59 ?
Indeed! Some system is failing it's Mathematics degree... we'll get it fixed :)
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Looks like this is fixed now!
Gerifonte
Tournament Champion
Tournament Champion

Post by Gerifonte »

shards, Could you review my game with (Allied) vs KenRichards (German).
This game has disappeared from my list of games. I think it probably was because KenRichards he has not sent his turn in more than a day and the game is over in time. But I have not received end-of-game warning mail.This clearly hurt me as I was going to get more points in my favor in the next turns.
Is not it supposed that if a player loses his time he compensates his opponent?
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Gerifonte wrote:shards, Could you review my game with (Allied) vs KenRichards (German).
This game has disappeared from my list of games. I think it probably was because KenRichards he has not sent his turn in more than a day and the game is over. But I have not received end-of-game warning mail.This clearly hurt me as I was going to get more points in my favor in the next turns.
187 turns?? Wow!

The 9-11 score on the scoreboard implies to me that you got to the last day (the 28th?). It looks like Ken got a last-day points victory (there's no draws in Bulge, see the graph above), but it may also have timed out, I'll check.

Either way, for games where both players have put in such a monumental effort (srsly, 187 turns!), then we don't do any points penalising as it's obvious that the game was being playing in a good spirit. This is the same for scott1957 and Rodrc2016 where their game 1 ended in a time out but after 151 turns!

Contrast to Duncanrice and PanzerPat's 2nd game where some points have been moved as it timed out on turn 59 (the current cap is at 100 turns, but I'm reviewing that constantly based on evidence from the games you guys are playing).

Thanks,
Gerifonte
Tournament Champion
Tournament Champion

Post by Gerifonte »

Shards wrote:
Gerifonte wrote:shards, Could you review my game with (Allied) vs KenRichards (German).
This game has disappeared from my list of games. I think it probably was because KenRichards he has not sent his turn in more than a day and the game is over. But I have not received end-of-game warning mail.This clearly hurt me as I was going to get more points in my favor in the next turns.
187 turns?? Wow!

The 9-11 score on the scoreboard implies to me that you got to the last day (the 28th?). It looks like Ken got a last-day points victory (there's no draws in Bulge, see the graph above), but it may also have timed out, I'll check.

Either way, for games where both players have put in such a monumental effort (srsly, 187 turns!), then we don't do any points penalising as it's obvious that the game was being playing in a good spirit. This is the same for scott1957 and Rodrc2016 where their game 1 ended in a time out but after 151 turns!

Contrast to Duncanrice and PanzerPat's 2nd game where some points have been moved as it timed out on turn 59 (the current cap is at 100 turns, but I'm reviewing that constantly based on evidence from the games you guys are playing).

Thanks,

No, we were on turn 25 and in play.
And on this turn two units of German cars disappeared with the consequent points for me.
I do not think it would be over for points. Although I can not assure you by not remembering how the punctuation was going.
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Gerifonte wrote:
Shards wrote:
187 turns?? Wow!

Thanks,

And on this turn two units of German cars disappeared with the consequent points for me.
I do not think it would be over for points. Although I can not assure you by not remembering how the punctuation was going.
Hmm, without having the developer to hand to tell me exactly the algorithm for how in-play points are calculated (he's not available until next week). Then I can't really give you any satisfaction I'm afraid! Were you the Axis in this game? Did you win the other game as the Allies?
Thanks
Gerifonte
Tournament Champion
Tournament Champion

Post by Gerifonte »

187 turns?? Wow!

Thanks,

Hmm, without having the developer to hand to tell me exactly the algorithm for how in-play points are calculated (he's not available until next week). Then I can't really give you any satisfaction I'm afraid! Were you the Axis in this game? Did you win the other game as the Allies?
Thanks
No I was the ally and KenRichards German.
Had wrapped 3 German panzer units and this turn only two of them were left with a point of force and were going to disappear for lack of supplies.
But at the end of the shift ...
scott1957
Tournament 2nd Place
Tournament 2nd Place

Post by scott1957 »

Shards, no big deal but the last tournament game that timed out is still shown in my current games.
Thx, Scott
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

scott1957 wrote:Shards, no big deal but the last tournament game that timed out is still shown in my current games.
Thx, Scott
Hi!

Thanks for letting me know. There's a bug in the game client right now where it's not always ditching games that time out. Hopefully it'll go if/when your opponent opens the game next.

If there's still games in people's lists at the end of the tournament, we'll go through and make sure they're deactivated

Ta!
Gerifonte
Tournament Champion
Tournament Champion

Post by Gerifonte »

What about mine? Do you know anything?
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Hi!

My feeling right now is that the game will stand as it is.

I'll ask the developer when he's back in next week about how exactly points are calculated when a game ends mid-turn like that and I'm also going to see whether it's worth extending the play clocks slightly. But at 187 turns, you've obviously both put a lot into the game. And whilst it's obviously frustrating for you to be so near to getting a chunk more VP's and maybe 2 or 3 more tournament points, I don't think it would be truly fair for us to be changing the result of the match.

Thanks,
Gerifonte
Tournament Champion
Tournament Champion

Post by Gerifonte »

Shards wrote:Hi!

My feeling right now is that the game will stand as it is.

I'll ask the developer when he's back in next week about how exactly points are calculated when a game ends mid-turn like that and I'm also going to see whether it's worth extending the play clocks slightly. But at 187 turns, you've obviously both put a lot into the game. And whilst it's obviously frustrating for you to be so near to getting a chunk more VP's and maybe 2 or 3 more tournament points, I don't think it would be truly fair for us to be changing the result of the match.

Thanks,
What is clear is that right for me is not ..
Please work so that in future tournaments fix this type of problems.
Many times the championships are decided by little points of difference and lose points due to these issues is not funny ...
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AlbertoC »

Just a heads up guys :)

We 'll be starting a new tournament immediately after the current one ends.

http://slitherine.com/tournaments/tournaments.asp

Subscriptions are already open so feel free to join! It will start next Friday on June 16th.
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

And the last game has finished!

http://www.slitherine.com/tournaments/s ... =3&aPage=1

Congrats to Commander Gutalin!!

And huge thanks to everyone for taking part!

Return to “News & Announcements”