Page 1 of 2

Order of Battle: Sandstorm - Check the new screenshots

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:01 pm
by AlbertoC
The Beta for Sandstorm, the new upcoming DLC in the Order of Battle series, goes on, and we are gathering some tremendous feedback from the community.

We're really busy balancing the scenarios right now, but we're getting there. We will start to publish more information on the expansion very soon.

In the meantime, we captured a few new screenshots to tease you while you wait. We're really curious to hear what you think of them, and what can you make out of them. Let's put your observation skill at test!

Image

Image

Image

Re: Order of Battle: Sandstorm - Check the new screenshots

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:43 pm
by 13obo
I can't wait anymore! This is way too much pressure!

Re: Order of Battle: Sandstorm - Check the new screenshots

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:44 pm
by calmhatchery
et least all models are in SAND camo colours !!! awesome looking!!!!

Re: Order of Battle: Sandstorm - Check the new screenshots

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:08 pm
by apostrophefz
Good work, and keep it up.

Re: Order of Battle: Sandstorm - Check the new screenshots

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:40 pm
by Andy2012
comments removed and user has been banned by staff, so reply also now removed.

Re: Order of Battle: Sandstorm - Check the new screenshots

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:23 pm
by usit64
calmhatchery wrote:et least all models are in SAND camo colours !!! awesome looking!!!!
...exept of German Infantry-Uniforms. I'm still missing the chracteristical AK-Tropenuniform, which soldiers often kept wearing thruout the rest of the war. The Italians do have one, though.
Will this be changed until release?

Re: Order of Battle: Sandstorm - Check the new screenshots

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:55 pm
by apostrophefz
Andy2012 wrote:comments removed and user has been banned by staff, so reply also now removed.
Come one, the guy didn't deserve that.

Re: Order of Battle: Sandstorm - Check the new screenshots

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:48 pm
by 13obo
He didn't need to be so confrontational either on a promotional post too. Btw, he's been banned before under another Manstein_something nickname so not a first offender.

Re: Order of Battle: Sandstorm - Check the new screenshots

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:51 pm
by zakblood
13obo wrote: Btw, he's been banned before under another Manstein_something nickname so not a first offender.
correct, and if he makes another account here, he will be banned again, so yes does deserve it :wink:

Re: Order of Battle: Sandstorm - Check the new screenshots

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:05 pm
by Andy2012
@all: Guys, this is the policy:

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 74&t=77956

That account was on our watchlist for a while and got zapped now. As have his previous one and the next one, too.
This is some serious intellectual property theft and not trolling, so it is a dead serious legal matter. :!:

Re: Order of Battle: Sandstorm - Check the new screenshots

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:11 pm
by 13obo
Oh, now I recall reading Ian's post awhile ago but never made the connection till now, and was wondering how those mods have stayed out of the radar of the forum till now when the guy linked them! Anyway, let's not discuss them else we get banned too! /gulp

Re: Order of Battle: Sandstorm - Check the new screenshots

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:30 pm
by calmhatchery
Andy2012 wrote:@all: Guys, this is the policy:

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 74&t=77956

That account was on our watchlist for a while and got zapped now. As have his previous one and the next one, too.
This is some serious intellectual property theft and not trolling, so it is a dead serious legal matter. :!:
These guys fighting for nothing...:) we are supporting the official :) :)

Re: Order of Battle: Sandstorm - Check the new screenshots

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:33 pm
by Andy2012
13obo wrote:Oh, now I recall reading Ian's post awhile ago but never made the connection till now, and was wondering how those mods have stayed out of the radar of the forum till now when the guy linked them! Anyway, let's not discuss them else we get banned too! /gulp
Those mods stay off the radar because we remove posts linking to them - and we spot suspicious accounts really early. It's not a community, more like a single guy peddling his stuff here. Or at least trying to.

Anyways, everybody signed for the beta? If not, better get going. :D

Re: Order of Battle: Sandstorm - Check the new screenshots

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:18 pm
by calmhatchery
Dear devs please if it possible to change the uniform for the infantry! and airplanes. It could be awesome that the player could switch the camo also in mechanized and infantry and planes :) too... I know that you have now different priority in Sandstorm but in the future after the release date it could be :)

Re: Order of Battle: Sandstorm - Check the new screenshots

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:39 am
by GUNDOBALDO08
I signed, but no invitation... :(

Re: Order of Battle: Sandstorm - Check the new screenshots

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:38 am
by Andy2012
GUNDOBALDO08 wrote:I signed, but no invitation... :(
The beta will most likely go through many iterations. Check your spam folder and be patient, please. We can always use a helping hand. :D

Re: Order of Battle: Sandstorm - Check the new screenshots

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:25 am
by euramer
It looks real good! And I will take any uniform colors if the AI is devilish reactiv for a real Brit challenge. Afrikacorps was one of my favorite in Panzercorp.

Re: Order of Battle: Sandstorm - Check the new screenshots

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:24 am
by terminator
New Italian Air Reco :
Italian Reco.PNG
Italian Reco.PNG (22.63 KiB) Viewed 7685 times

Re: Order of Battle: Sandstorm - Check the new screenshots

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:30 am
by 13obo
euramer wrote:It looks real good! And I will take any uniform colors if the AI is devilish reactiv for a real Brit challenge. Afrikacorps was one of my favorite in Panzercorp.
Same though it seems a lot of people request for uniforms/symbols to be accurate. For me the most important factor is a challenging AI or at least challenging scripts that fire off appropriately.

Re: Order of Battle: Sandstorm - Check the new screenshots

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:52 pm
by SirAllan
I too signed for the beta - but never got an answer and I have checked the spamfilter :wink: