Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War is OUT!

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War is OUT!

Post by AlbertoC »

The first ever 4X turn-based strategy game set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe is now available on PC (Windows and Linux)!

Purge the Xenos! Gladius Prime is a newly rediscovered planet: once it was a prosperous Imperium Colony, but then they discovered something weird, powerful and terrible. Forsaken for centuries, it is now an endless battlefield littered with skeletons of Imperium cities and crawling multi-legged horrors. Four factions want to claim back Gladius Prime: the mighty Space Marines, the warmonger Astra Militarum, the steel legions of the Necrons and the green tide of the Orks.

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War is a turn based 4X strategy game: you need to eXplore the planet, eXpand your dominions, eXploit the forgotten artefacts and - above all - eXterminate your enemies, as in Warhammer 40,000 universe there is no space for diplomacy. You can simply crush any opposing force you will meet with your growing army, or you can try to undertake the quests you will be assigned. Whatever you choose, beware - Gladius Prime itself is a dangerous opponent.

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War is now available on PC (Steam, GOG.com and Slitherine.com). You can decide to buy either the normal edition of the game as well as the Deluxe Edition, containing the base game plus the digital soundtrack, 7 amazing digital wallpapers and one extra neutral unit, the fearsome Lord of Skulls!
packnight1
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War is OUT!

Post by packnight1 »

having played and beaten the space marine campaign I can honestly say I enjoy the game. still I think for it's longevity I would love more units to choose from in the tech tree as you go towards tech ten in particular alternatives to devastators and siege engines. the iconic land raider is also missing and would balance out their forces against heavier tanks. for as much as I love the storm ravens in the game both for a choice of options would be great. Armageddon would be a good example of unit variety gone to far but having centurions, razor backs, rhinos and full space marine bikers would go far to differentiate a players style from each other. that would be great for an expansion to the game or when you add another faction. the same can be said for the guard with their chimeras, various leman russ designs this through certain up grades for the russ would be great.

on a more personal note if you where to add a faction I would love to see a fleshed out imperial knight faction with the new units gw has added to them and the forge world units it could be an interesting faction. being giant robots you would have a high unit cost on the knights offset by retainer units similar to the standard guard. they could build multiple cities but a knightly family must be in charge and its constructed by a sacristan much like the guards tech priest. to found a knight house you would have to hit a population cap or split an existing family and assign them a sacristan losing the sacristan on the founding of the city. each city would also be dedicated to building one type of knight upon founding as to keep the player from over whelming his enemy with advanced units to quickly. the tech tree would go from starting with a paladin to later units like the valiant or castellan at the mid point and some forge world knights available at tech ten.
o cares
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by o cares »

hello, slitherine i need help with this error :

Standart exception thrown.
Vector.hpp:217: class proxy::core::Vector &_cdecl proxy::core::Vector::normalize(void): Assertion "length > 0" failed

Gladius has encountered a problem and needs to close.

it happaens every time i play as space marines when i defeat another space marine controlled by ai , also happens randomly when i play as orks .
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

welcome to the forum and sorry about your issue, please read the read me file in this link and re post it in the tech support section thanks

viewforum.php?f=523

read me,

viewtopic.php?f=523&t=86743

Return to “News & Announcements”