Panzer Corps 2 - Dev Diary #2

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Re: Panzer Corps 2 - Dev Diary #2

Post by Rudankort »

proline wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:02 am So again, the question is put, are you or are you not open to making a grand campaign (or huge campaign) for PzC2?
I'm open to making campaigns of any length for Panzer Corps 2.
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

I think anwering proline is a really waste of time.
The guy is clearly a troll.
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.95): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

I am quite surprised at Rudankoft's patience. Or maybe he aims to out-troll the troll? It's fun to watch this till the next dev diary I guess.
TJLionheart
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by TJLionheart »

I have to say, I am really liking what i am seeing from these Dev Diaries.
proline
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by proline »

Akkula wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:32 pm I think anwering proline is a really waste of time.
The guy is clearly a troll.
You should probably read some of my prior posts before throwing around insults. Rudankort started off saying he has no idea where people are getting the idea that there will be few, or any, human made campaigns. I pointed out to him that his own Wargamer interview says as much. He then contradicted the Wargamer interview while insisting the interview was an accurate reflection of his view (it now seems clear that it is not). None of that is trolling and all of it could have been easily avoided if Rudankort just said "I'm sorry Wargamer is misleading, I'll send them a note asking them to update their story, which I expect they will do if not we'll find someone else for our next exclusive".
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

I read everything, and I can safely conclude you are just a troll or a person with a lot of free time.
So far Rudankort was completely clear about everything. Stop complaining about grammar stuff and discuss about the gamel.
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.95): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062
Yrfin
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by Yrfin »

Akkula wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:27 pm I read everything...
LOL
When im died - I must be a killed.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

can we stay on topic please, consider this some friendly advice, or again i will inform admin on the course of the posts here, which have little to do with the game, and just name calling as such, so let this put and end to it,...

there won't be anymore friendly advice offered or warnings given.
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

To get it back on the topic, please incorporate exit hexes, as I am watching one of the mods that incorporating them into the Grand Campaign and they are a super nice feature
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

I would like to add some observations to the debate here.

1) Not every poster/reader is a native English speaker.
2) Not every poster is an engineer [software or otherwise]
3) proline is not a troll, he is a player with real complaints about PzC development.
4) Giving solutions to problems is more likely to get results than just bitching.

I am a retired hardware engineer and have some experience with the difficulties associated with getting things to work correctly. I am also used to having people not understanding what I am say, so I notice when people misunderstand the statements of others.

Rudankort's position is that they will not convert the scenarios and campaigns from PzC for PzC2, they will create new scenarios and new campaigns.
In fact Nico has started a topic for suggestions for such scenarios and campaigns.
Take advantage of the opportunity.

proline’s main complaint is that the Mac version does not allow modding and is missing some features that the PC version has. He is bitter about it and it shows in his posts.
Rudankort is humoring him and may be fixing his complaints in PzC2.

The shortcomings of the Mac version result from it being a port the iPad game not the PC game.
The basic problem is that the iPad is not mod friendly. People will tell you it is impossible.
The iPad does not allow user access to the file directories. This makes modding impossible :cry:
But they do allow programs to access external files, see Kindle reader.
Two things would allow mods into the iPad version.
1) Build a GME into the game.
2) Develop a wrapper program/format to convert a mod directory into a file than can be loaded into the iPad.

Talking to Apple and or software porters during development may find solutions that would be difficult with a finished product.
Hence this post, Hence this topic.
Last edited by dalfrede on Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

dalfrede wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:04 pm I would like to add some observations to the debate here.
Hence this post, Hence this topic.
Thank you.

Pat a Pixel Pusher

agenamaul
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

New Here

Post by agenamaul »

Hello, This is Donna. I am new here in this forum. I could not find any place to intro myself. that's why I place my intro here. So, how you guys doing? :)
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

welcome to the forum
Aerologue
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Aerologue »

goose_2 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:35 pm To get it back on the topic, please incorporate exit hexes, as I am watching one of the mods that incorporating them into the Grand Campaign and they are a super nice feature
Yes please, let’s have exit hexes. It offers more flexibility and depth to the game, is more realistic and helps all units acquire experience via direct unit rotation.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

also if both units that are yours can move into the area held by the other ...you should be able to switch them as their movement
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

goose_2 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:35 pm To get it back on the topic, please incorporate exit hexes, as I am watching one of the mods that incorporating them into the Grand Campaign and they are a super nice feature
Yes of course, exit hexes will be part of the new game. Our general approach is to avoid removing functionality and "nerfing down" the game wherever possible, so that the series is actually moving forward, and not "one step forward and two steps back". :)
goose_2 wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:00 pm also if both units that are yours can move into the area held by the other ...you should be able to switch them as their movement
Hmm not sure I understood this one. :oops:
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

He means (I think) swapping friendly unit places that are next to each other or potentially even further away but with direct access to the other unit's hex. This is probably hard to code unless game was designed with that in mind so hence never being implemented in PzC 1?
MHochhaeuser

Post by MHochhaeuser »

again i've edited one of your posts, 3rd time means a ban, you won't get another warning for trolling
Last edited by zakblood on Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

13obo wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:38 pm He means (I think) swapping friendly unit places that are next to each other or potentially even further away but with direct access to the other unit's hex. This is probably hard to code unless game was designed with that in mind so hence never being implemented in PzC 1?
Well it was not too hard to implement in Panzer Corps, although PzC showed one movement animation at a time, so showing two for such an exchange move would require some refactoring.

We have already implemented exchange of two adjacent units in Panzer Corps 2, although I think we did not do it for more remote units. Might be a good idea.
MHochhaeuser wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:33 am Unfortunately you will never reach this class !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c5hANrS6Gw
We will never reach the class of russian folk song "Apple" converted to PG2 campaign music? :) Or what is your point exactly?
Dorky8
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Dorky8 »

I'm a big fan of PC.

Some ideas for improvement.

1) Have historical scenarios more balanced in PBEM. I appreciate the attempt for historical accuracy but more balanced scenarios makes for better gaming. The "balanced" scenarios in general weren't the best. Maybe just take historical scenarios and make them balanced.

2) More attention to supply, totally un-supplied troops running around behind lines and creating havoc was lame at best.

3) Have some limits on paratrooper range. Paratroopers flying around forever was also lame.

Looking forward to the game.

Return to “News & Announcements”