Panzer Corps 2 - Dev Diary #3

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

ptje63
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Re: Panzer Corps 2 - Dev Diary #3

Post by ptje63 »

Following up on my previous post, I do wish to continue to add suggestions, like this one:
PC02.jpg
PC02.jpg (939.02 KiB) Viewed 5390 times
My turn and would love to retreat my infantry + arty on such a position that it may surprise attacking Russian armor. How about a short-key that enables player to hover above each unit and see range and movement available.
As of now, you have to go to units information and check, and then figure out terrain and weather conditions reduce these numbers...
ptje63

Post by ptje63 »

Another (forum) suggestion: Im 54 years old and my father, currently at age 90, taught me the beginnings of strategic games when I was 6 - he was checkers champion in town and showed me how to play chess and checkers. Now magazines and newspapers in The Netherlands often have these "White's turn and wins" chess and checkers challenges for the readers to solve.
How about a "PC how to attack / defend" - not the gameplay of a complete scenario, but (like my previous post) what would be the ideal positioning of your units in a specific situation, just a 1 or 2 turn exchange of how one would position each unit and a short explanation why...
Im not a multiplayer type, have never been and dont think I will ever be, but this would be a wonderful way I guess to share the strategy you have followed, what other members suggest and learn from this.
max888888
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by max888888 »

can you change unrealistic prestige system to something like (below)?

1939 -- every turn you get 10 infantry reinforcements, 2 pz 1, 1pz 2 etc etc.
you can use 10 infantry reinforcements to create new (10 strength unit), or 2 (50% strength ) units o just reinforce another infantry units.
Urban11
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Urban11 »

I am excited- when the campaign begins? :D
Urban11

Post by Urban11 »

ptje63 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:34 pm Another (forum) suggestion: Im 54 years old and my father, currently at age 90, taught me the beginnings of strategic games when I was 6 - he was checkers champion in town and showed me how to play chess and checkers. Now magazines and newspapers in The Netherlands often have these "White's turn and wins" chess and checkers challenges for the readers to solve.
How about a "PC how to attack / defend" - not the gameplay of a complete scenario, but (like my previous post) what would be the ideal positioning of your units in a specific situation, just a 1 or 2 turn exchange of how one would position each unit and a short explanation why...
Im not a multiplayer type, have never been and dont think I will ever be, but this would be a wonderful way I guess to share the strategy you have followed, what other members suggest and learn from this.
That would be nice - I also played chess first then came Panzer General and Civ.II. and so on.. .:) Anyaway I hate playing AI since I tried first multyplaers maybe with Civ V. - human players have always nice end interesting ideas those can't comparable with boring and silly AI strategies(I mean all strategic games-except chess where AI's are really strong ). (I am 38).
Urban11

Post by Urban11 »

13obo wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:07 pm Beautiful units, shadows, terrain and UI. Everything looks clean and easily legible. Keep it up!

Edit: one tiny criticism on the legibility- you're showing German (grey) and Soviet units (green), but looking top-down over all of the units make the two colours blend it too much. I think the PzC Soviet green was a bit more green-ish (less muted) than the one used here?
Would have been nice also indicating damages on the units' appearance (okay thats not a must but let's be maximalists :D)
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

Urban wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:15 am I am excited- when the campaign begins? :D
The Oberkommando is keeping us in the dark about the exact date... We'll begin when you are ready, they say to us. :?
RCB

Post by RCB »

I am a big fan of Panzer Corp and I am looking forward to the release of Panzer Corp 2. I have some ideas to present to you. Perhaps you have already thought of some of these, of some won't work.
1) Include an option to return graphics to the current 2-D style incase someone prefers this.
2) Include campaign 'what if' options for the Germans to continue to advancing eastward into Russia, and eventually win the war in the east. For example: 1941; Germans capture Leningrad with a decisive victory, allow them to keep Leningrad, and then advance on Moscow. If the Germans capture Moscow for decisive victory, rather than having to withdraw in the face of the massive reinforcements from Siberia, allow for a German defense of Moscow, perhaps several scenarios. If the Germans win all decisive victories, allow for another spring offensive to the east. 1942; same idea at Stalingrad. 1943; same idea at Prokorovka.
3) If the corps force wins a decisive victory with 5 or so turns left, allow for the player to choose one of the auxiliary units to be added to the corps force.
4) Include an option to allow aircraft to remain in position and not return to base after each turn. This will allow for CAP over defensive positions.
5) Do not cause over strength units to loose all (only some?) over-strength points when the are updated to new equipment that is different, like BF 109 to FW 190.
6) Same idea as #2 for Operation Sealion. Allow Germany to keep England and then attack the Soviet Union.
7) Add 1-3 additional spaces for each very experienced corps unit for 'hero' awards, such as 'retrograde movement' for Recon units; or over-stocked supply for artillery units; or 2nd defense capability for fighters. (Others?)
8) Add supply tracks & HT's that do not count against corps unit limits, that must stay within a certain distance from the fighting units to keep them in constant supply. Perhaps these supply units could be captured.

Keep up the good work, Bob.
Tassadar
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Tassadar »

Question out of curiostiy for future mods - will the UI unit database support photos instead of 3D models, at least in the purchase/upgrade screen? A cosmetic thing, but for example in the Turan campagin mod I preffered that over the usual models a lot.

Return to “News & Announcements”