Victory or Death! Order of Battle: Endsieg has been announced!

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Horst
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Re: Victory or Death! Order of Battle: Endsieg has been announced!

Post by Horst »

I don't care that much about the original campaigns, but rather finally want all important WW2 units in the game that a certain other game series offered from day-1 on. It was the right decision to finally complete the major warmongering nation at first before the rest. This opens all doors to create whatever custom scenarios with only few units missing what will further come with the rest of the DLC-line.
I'm also looking forward for just another update that hopefully gets rid of most bugs this game is currently infested with.
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Roughly 2/3 of the campaign in ES are historical battles, or based on those.

As for Ger winning - good old PG had this option, PzC had this too. If ppl prefer other choices and/or want to voice criticism on ES it's all fine, but don't expect me to waste my time with "are you nazis" nonsense.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

kondi754 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:50 am As for Endsieg, I have very mixed feelings (I think this part is outstanding, but most of the scenarios are fictional so I'm torn ...), but I can't say anything more because I promised not to reveal the details of the work
For me most of the scenarios are historical : on 16 scenarios, 11 are historic. Of course because German are supposed won it does not respect the history.
Admiral_Horthy
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Admiral_Horthy »

bebro wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:55 am Roughly 2/3 of the campaign in ES are historical battles, or based on those.

As for Ger winning - good old PG had this option, PzC had this too. If ppl prefer other choices and/or want to voice criticism on ES it's all fine, but don't expect me to waste my time with "are you nazis" nonsense.
Exactly that what I tried to say)) How about invading Britain or the USA itself like in old gold Panzer General eh? How nazi it is :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I am waiting a Soviet long campaign so am I commie? :P :roll:

Personally I imagined a different axis victory path, something like a Moscow redux or a late Sealion like in PG, but no problem with this one. Actually Kursk being such a turnpoint - IF started earlier (who needs those unreliable Panthers anyway) it could have turned the tide and finished the work Manstein started.
Andy2012
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Andy2012 »

bjarmson wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:49 pm Oh great, another Deutschland über alles hypothetical, fantasy scenario. This follows along the lines of the idiotic Kriegsmarine scenario, where the German Navy, which wasn't even a threat to the GB Navy, let alone one joined by US naval forces, prevails. Are you people Nazis? You do realize that the USA, USSR, and GB won the war, and that after 1943 it was essentially a foregone conclusion, though still a bloody two year struggle. Where are the scenarios regarding Allied victory? Are you no longer making actual WWII scenarios?
Dude, I thumbed through your post history and almost all your posts are negative, destructive complaints with a bit of a whiny undertone.
Is this really necessary? :roll:
CoolDTA
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by CoolDTA »

bebro wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:55 am If ppl prefer other choices and/or want to voice criticism on ES it's all fine, but don't expect me to waste my time with "are you nazis" nonsense.
Hear, hear.

I thought this would be a "fish free zone". I was wrong. :cry: I trust Andy to be extra vigilant and I'm sure he will be. :)
koopanique
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by koopanique »

I am really glad and excited about Endsieg, especially the hypothetical Western Front scenarios.
But I have one question: why isn't it called "Endkrieg"?
bru888

Post by bru888 »

koopanique wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:57 pm I am really glad and excited about Endsieg, especially the hypothetical Western Front scenarios.
But I have one question: why isn't it called "Endkrieg"?
Image0211.jpg
Image0211.jpg (59.37 KiB) Viewed 6516 times
- Bru
bru888

Post by bru888 »

Just for googles - I mean, giggles - I went back and popped "endkrieg" into the old Translator. I've been thinking it meant "final battle" which may have sounded a bit too preordained for the developer's tastes. It turns out Google has a different idea; if this is accurate, then I'd say "Endsieg" was definitely the right call! :)

Image0212.jpg
Image0212.jpg (64.17 KiB) Viewed 6483 times
- Bru
Duplex
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Duplex »

How about...how about....how about...
how about...playing as China...?
国民党万岁!

Custom Scenario Creator
rocklobb
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by rocklobb »

It makes sense to complete the German side of the campaign before moving on to the Allies. The Allied campaigns in Europe will serve as the proper culmination of the (official content) OOB WWII experience.
GUNDOBALDO08
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

West Allied campaign but Soviet also, I hope Devs dont forget Soviet campaign!
bjarmson
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by bjarmson »

To Andy2012: Duuuuude, if I've bought the product, it gives me the right to criticize it. WTF does destructive mean? And "whiney undertone", here I thought the job of moderator was to limit personal attacks, not a license to make them. You didn't even bother to address a single point made in my post. Does your moderator position require you to be nothing more than a company shill?
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

You have one point and that is "why no allied campaign". Next time maybe just say that instead of a tirade about who won, asking if devs are n*zi, etc. Anyway, clearly troll so whatever. Be with peace.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

please keep the posts in here civil everyone, or i'll edit and or remove / or warn some posters
GUNDOBALDO08

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

Devs please post some news about dlc. It will help stop any other unusefull discussion...
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

bjarmson wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:47 pm Does your moderator position require you to be nothing more than a company shill?
Well, the job description read "Must be willing to wade knee-deep through online dickwads". I thought this was a joke. Turns out it is not. :mrgreen:

@all: I can safely say that this DLC is very good. I had a lot of fun already in beta, the polished product will be well worth your money. Promise.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

@bjarmson
Please tone down your posts.
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

May I ask the beta-testers if they noticed that the difficulty level increased given the DLC will cover the final and toughest years for the Wehrmacht? Not sure if this breaches any NDAs- a simple "increase/decrease" and "a bit/a lot" would suffice to satiate my curiosity!
sillygoy
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by sillygoy »

@bjarmson

Why are you not happy? I for one am tired of storming the beaches of Normandy or planting the red flag at the Reichstag. OoB is the only strategy game where I can meaningfully play as the Axis powers.

Return to “News & Announcements”