Moderator: Slitherine Core

Daniele
Slitherine
Slitherine

Battlestar Galactica Deadlock Dev Diary 13 - Rolling the Hard Six

Post by Daniele »

“Tell me, corporal; have you ever run from a fight?”

“No, ma’am.”

Sashenka eyed the young soldier, rigid, wooden, staring into the distance above her left ear. He was trying so very hard to hide his shaking hands. “You enjoy throwing yourself into danger?”

“No, ma’am, ”repeated the soldier. “I’m not a coward. I follow orders.”

The minister sneered. “Obedience is for the unimaginative.”

“I trust my superior officers have been trained by Canceron’s best. I trust that they respect the well-being of their command. A soldier’s life is a calculated risk.” Wenutu held up the assault rifle and looked down the sights at the young man. “You like to visit the big card tables while on leave. All those drinks and flashing lights. I suppose that’s why you’re here. Lots of money owed to men with very long lists. Was that a calculated risk, as well?”

The soldier faltered. “Ma’am, I’m here because I was told you had work that needed—” “You do not run from a challenge, soldier, because a challenge is fair and equitable. You may not win. You may not even live. But you can die knowing that the table was not rigged.” Sashenka pulled the trigger. Nothing happened. She let the man see the disappointment on her face before she threw the weapon to the floor. “That’s why I do not gamble, corporal. You will do. Report to the squad lead in two hours. I expect we will not ever see each other again.”

The Infinity Update and Anabasis DLC has been out for a couple of weeks now, so we wanted to let you all know about what we’ve been working on, and some of what’s coming up soon.

It’s been very interesting to hear the feedback about Operation Anabasis. One thing that we are hearing a lot is that many players are finding it too difficult. Whilst Anabasis was intended to be challenging and more intense than the campaign - and requires a different play-style to succeed - we didn’t mean for it to be impossible.

We value what our players have to say, so we are working in implementing difficulty levels in Operation Anabasis. Soon, when you start the operation, you’ll be able to choose how challenging the operation will be, similar to the story campaign.

Beyond that, we’ve also started work on a number of new features and improvements to the game, many of which are requests from the community. We’ll talk more about those features in future diaries as we get them into the game.

In the meantime, you can join our Discord channel to talk fleet compositions and tactics with other BSG fans. And don’t forget about the Anabasis Survival Challenge, which ends this week!

Until next time.

Return to “News & Announcements”