Panzer Corps 2 - Dev Diary #9

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Teku
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Panzer Corps 2 - Dev Diary #9

Post by Teku »

Everyone talking about the artwork and showing details in cities and with the new mission types. and here i am just wondering if capturable units will be implemented and whether or not we can capture units by forcing a surrender. My priorities baffle me XD
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Deleted

Post by Retributarr »

Deleted
Last edited by Retributarr on Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

Retributarr wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:58 pm
"Pete"...I would like very much to install and run "McGuba's Battlefield Europe"...but am unable too...because I have had a 'Vexing-Difficulty' in understanding and or installing that 'JPEG' thing or what-ever it is designated as.
Since you volunteered to be a Guinea pig. :mrgreen:
BfEmodDocV1.0.zip
(189.17 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

Retributarr wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:44 pm
Teku wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:10 pm Everyone talking about the artwork and showing details in cities and with the new mission types. and here i am just wondering if capturable units will be implemented and whether or not we can capture units by forcing a surrender. My priorities baffle me XD
"Teku post___whether or not we can capture units by forcing a surrender" l

Why-Not implement this feature in a more...as a more dynamic aspect in this game?. These prisoner's of war could and were used extensively for road construction activities, and were also used for Missile and Rocket production...for Tank and Aircraft production and so on.

As an "Optional-Feature" in the game..."Optional"...that is...these captured prisoner's could be and were utilized to increase 'Factory-Production-Output' to a certain reasonable extent. This would/could mean that in order to be able to do so...that the number of Unit Slots for Game use would need to be increased by say... 10% or something...so as to be able to implement such an addition to the game.
WW2 1942 Panzer / tank factory (english subs)
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Wo ... ORM=VRDGAR
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Retributarr wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:58 pm
PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:00 pm
Retributarr wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:57 pm I would instead like to see in 'Major-Cities' a representation/construct's of the Eiffel-Tower -Image in "Paris", the Brandenburg-Gate-Image in "Berlin", the ??? Cathedral like Buildings and Spires in "Moscau"...a Big-Ben-Tower Illustrated in the city of "London", the Colosseum in "Rome-Italy"...and other notable landmark, building emplacements/locations.
McGuba did some of this in Battlefield Europe... Kremlin in Moscow! :D
"Pete"...I would like very much to install and run "McGuba's Battlefield Europe"...but am unable too...because I have had a 'Vexing-Difficulty' in understanding and or installing that 'JPEG' thing or what-ever it is designated as.

If possible, could you send me some simple...easy to understand...step by step instructions as to how to install "McGuba's Battlefield Europe"...., I would appreciate it!.

Please let me know if you can assist me and also by what preferred method?. here in this Forum or by ...'E-Mail' or by what-ever other means. Maybe in a 'Separate-Topic' all by itself?.
Sure, maybe compare here for a list of simple steps without Generic Mod Enabler (GME):
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 40#p754121

I am also happy to discuss any further questions in the Battlefield Europe thread. And of course there is also dalfrede’s new (and likely easier) approach that I haven’t tried yet since I have a working installation right now… :D
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
Teku
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Teku »

Retributarr wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:05 pm
Retributarr wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:44 pm
Teku wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:10 pm Everyone talking about the artwork and showing details in cities and with the new mission types. and here i am just wondering if capturable units will be implemented and whether or not we can capture units by forcing a surrender. My priorities baffle me XD
"Teku post___whether or not we can capture units by forcing a surrender" l

Why-Not implement this feature in a more...as a more dynamic aspect in this game?. These prisoner's of war could and were used extensively for road construction activities, and were also used for Missile and Rocket production...for Tank and Aircraft production and so on.

As an "Optional-Feature" in the game..."Optional"...that is...these captured prisoner's could be and were utilized to increase 'Factory-Production-Output' to a certain reasonable extent. This would/could mean that in order to be able to do so...that the number of Unit Slots for Game use would need to be increased by say... 10% or something...so as to be able to implement such an addition to the game.

I wasnt expecting anything like that. but that would be super cool :D . I was just talking about usable enemy units like the tanks/airplanes you got from capturing certain towns/airfields from the 1st game. Although the units you got would often get outclassed eventually the longer the campaign went on, i liked to challenge myself with how far i could get with those units before they were utterly destroyed. I would like to see that expanded to other equipment as well (also done historically) like machine gun battalions or transports that were captured. Maybe even expend on it as being able to upgrade the units with either axis or allied improvements, which also was done with captured equipment....I think i have an obsession with capturing all the units XD
95bravo
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by 95bravo »

"Since you volunteered to be a Guinea pig"

Can I volunteer to be a Guinness pig?
dalfrede

Post by dalfrede »

95bravo wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:58 pm "Since you volunteered to be a Guinea pig"

Can I volunteer to be a Guinness pig?
Just download the file and follow directions.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
proline
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by proline »

There will still be capturable equipment. Some changes were discussed if you read the thread from one of the first couple dev diaries.
Teku
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Teku »

There will still be capturable equipment. Some changes were discussed if you read the thread from one of the first couple dev diaries.

Oh really :O, i'll have to look back and check
PanzerCro
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by PanzerCro »

When we can expect new diary ? :)
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

PanzerCro wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:04 pm When we can expect new diary ? :)
And when can we expect, well, the game? :wink: :lol:
proline

Post by proline »

PanzerCro wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:04 pm When we can expect new diary ? :)
Rudankort wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:27 pmIndeed
That's a good question. The first 8 dev diaries came out monthly, but then they skipped poor February. Ideally, it would be great to see a second March dev diary to get back on track. It wouldn't necessarily have to be a big one- it could focus on just one unit or class.
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

GabeKnight wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:43 pm And when can we expect, well, the game? :wink: :lol:
Haha yes it's been over 2 years now since PC2 was first announced in Feb 2017 and its still not released, I sometimes think the devs are pranking us or something, grrr..
Sales of PC1 are being affected because people prefer to wait for PC2, so If I was the Big Boss of Slitherine I'd tell the devs to get PC2 released asap or it's the naughty step for them..:)
PanzerCro
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by PanzerCro »

If game will be very good or great I can wait, but I want to see diary's to see game improvements :)
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Yeah, more diaries would be nice... the other thing is you tend to forget some of the content of the first diaries already… well, an estimated timeline/schedule would also be nice, of course… ;)
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Hey all you guys who insist that PC2 has a campaign in it, YOU'RE the people responsible for delaying the games release, so yah-boo to you..:)
Personally I never play campaigns in any game, they just don't interest me, and I daresay many other gamers feel the same way.
Below is an interesting exchange I had with a PC2 dev in another thread-

PoorOldSpike (10 Jan 2019)- "As a matter of interest what exactly is holding things up? My guess is that the Campaign development is taking forever to do, so why not just abandon the campaign and release PC2 without it? It can be added as a 'Campaign DLC' later costing peanuts."

Rudankort of Flashback Games (14 Jan 2019)- "You have guessed correctly that campaign is the main problematic area"..

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... rs#p692847
proline

Post by proline »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:06 pm Hey all you guys who insist that PC2 has a campaign in it, YOU'RE the people responsible for delaying the games release, so yah-boo to you..:)
Personally I never play campaigns in any game, they just don't interest me, and I daresay many other gamers feel the same way.
Below is an interesting exchange I had with a PC2 dev in another thread-

PoorOldSpike (10 Jan 2019)- "As a matter of interest what exactly is holding things up? My guess is that the Campaign development is taking forever to do, so why not just abandon the campaign and release PC2 without it? It can be added as a 'Campaign DLC' later costing peanuts."

Rudankort of Flashback Games (14 Jan 2019)- "You have guessed correctly that campaign is the main problematic area"..

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... rs#p692847
I wouldn't put too much stock in that quote. For one thing, the assertion that the campaign is a hold-up makes no sense. The original awful PzC vanilla campaign was slapped together pretty quick- it has the feel of something that was made in weeks, not months. So they certainly don't have to have anything like the GC available at launch day. Rudankort goes on to say "we could only set to creating it when the game itself was in a fairly advanced state" which also makes no sense, since a good campaign can and should start by sketching out the campaign tree, researching the battles, designing the maps, etc. none of which requires the game to be complete.

Finally, I'd point out you took his words out of context. He actually mentioned that there are many other holdups, particularly the weak AI.
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

proline wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:46 pm..you took his words out of context. He actually mentioned that there are many other holdups, particularly the weak AI.
Yeah but the Campaign is the number one stumbling block like the dev said- "You have guessed correctly that campaign is the main problematic area".
In that same thread I suggested the devs put up a poll to find out who wants a Campaign anyway, but he pooh-poohed the idea, look-

Rudankort (15 Jan 2019) "From talking to players and following their discussions on various forums over the years, I know that pretty much 90% of our users play campaign mode exclusively. I'm confident about this and don't need any polls to confirm it."
Teku
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Teku »

i'm curious if you'll get to play as/against Japanese forces in the pacific war at some point. Like maybe a theoretical campaign where they won midway and pressed on into the mainland like you could as the Germans in PC1

Return to “News & Announcements”